What are you working on?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
gnounc

Re: What are you working on?

Post by gnounc »

I contend that nothing happens in csqc because every thread you find about it is "how do i get started in csqc?"
Frag machine, what I'm saying is I think if there were a place for csqc already, the help would be easy to find,
and the people who already know csqc would feel much more inclined to share.

I dont think a csqc thread would really help. It would just get buried and become as difficult to find as everything can be.
Theres already 3 csqc hud tutorials here, if not more. And my csqc hud tutorial includes starter files with up to date function prototypes,
which is useful far beyond just hud work.
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

gnounc wrote:
I contend that nothing happens in csqc because every thread you find about it is "how do i get started in csqc?"
Frag machine, what I'm saying is I think if there were a place for csqc already, the help would be easy to find,
and the people who already know csqc would feel much more inclined to share.

I dont think a csqc thread would really help. It would just get buried and become as difficult to find as everything can be.
Theres already 3 csqc hud tutorials here, if not more. And my csqc hud tutorial includes starter files with up to date function prototypes,
which is useful far beyond just hud work.
Well as I said it was my $0.02 about the subject. I absolutely won't oppose the subforum creation, I just don't think it will make the difference you guys are expecting, otherwise the Quake wiki would be already fullfilling this role.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

There is a subforum now, however it is read only and no permissions.
i should not be here
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

wohoo thanks guys!I can't wait to see it populated! :)
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
goldenboy

Post by goldenboy »

drs is working on it I believe.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

i should not be here
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

Okay, Independent Game Development and CSQC Programming subforums *should* be go. :wink:
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

Thanks a lot for the effort, Dr. Shadowborg
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
Irritant

Post by Irritant »

Awesome, thanks, I always felt awkward starting thread about my standalone projects, this will be a great outlet.
http://red.planetarena.org - Alien Arena and the CRX engine
gnounc

Post by gnounc »

So much appreciated.
I am pleased : )

Thanks you!
ajay

Post by ajay »

I'm back on the horse again, after one of my customary breaks. Back to finding workarounds to the annoying problems that plague making a big map in old tools. Currently replacing all the old street light prefabs with the new one I did ages ago. Not made easy by lots of entities and indeed brushes not appearing in the editor. Definitely going to split the map in two (in editor), only joining it when doing test compiling. It'll be a pain, to do and work with, but there's no other option, as I'm stubbornly refusing to try a different editor.
As an aside, the break from modding was happily filled with me spending lots of cash upgrading my PC and playing Skyrim in a manner that annoys my son; just sneaking and archery and only using magic when the plot demanded it. Yes, I am the more childish.
goldenboy

Post by goldenboy »

Ajay, I think that if it would benefit your project if you switched tools and you still don't do it, then you're doing your project a disservice.

My advice would be to switch to q3bsp to get rid of all those stupid format limits.

But it's your project :wink:
negke

Post by negke »

Ajay: You've been using WC, right? Then perhaps this can help you with the disappearing brushes issues.
ajay

Post by ajay »

GB: your post made me smile :) You're right, of course; I have promised myself that my *next* mod won't even begin until I've learnt a new editor. (As my current one's been on the go for 7 years, my breath is not held...)
Negke: Thanks a lot. It looks very similar to WC 3.3 (there's obviously a very good reason for that!) it, and 3.3, still don't show ALL the map, but at least I can go in and amend the lights etc. The short term fix is to split the map in half, the long term fix is to do what GB has been advising me to do for ages ;)
sock

Post by sock »

Shpuld wrote:I now have a 9 slot inventory for the players miscellaneous items with proper drag-and-drop mouse control.
Wow very nice, I did not realize it was that powerful. Love your top down stuff, very smooth looking.
Well he was evil, but he did build a lot of roads. - Gogglor