Adventures in making a board game... (image heavy)

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Error
InsideQC Staff

Adventures in making a board game... (image heavy)

Post by Error »

My favorite board game of all time was HeroQuest by Milton Bradley & Games Workshop. It came up I believe in 1991. Anyways, I've scoured eBay many times trying to find a complete game without any broken figures, and it's impossible. So, I've started on making my own version of the game.

Here's what I have so far. The beginnings of the Quest/Board Editor:

More ripped tiles:
Last edited by Error on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Error
InsideQC Staff

Post by Error »

The textures are not mine, but ripped off of a scanned version of the game board from HeroQuest. And that is a ripped version of the Warcraft cursor. :cry:

Hope I don't get sued.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

Error wrote:Hope I don't get sued.
Considering what happened to KsirK... not to mention this game is the reason why Sierra used the name "Quest for Glory"
i should not be here
Error
InsideQC Staff

Post by Error »

I won't be using the name HeroQuest. I was worried about the use of their textures.
r00k

Post by r00k »

It really wouldnt be difficult to remake textures like that in photoshop/gimp. Just make a box, add some noise filter, blur, then render a bumpmap filter, done. Even before the bump add cracks and emboss/bump you'd be fine. Better just to play safe?
I can make 12 tiles that you could use in half an hour if you only have thumbs... :)
negke

Post by negke »

Good times. I got HeroQuest too. Though I played StarQuest (or Space Crusade, international title) more. Unfortunately my HeroQuest figures are all ruined with white splodges because back then someone suggested it would be a better base if I wanted to paint them and I was dumb enough to listen. I did paint the Space Crusade figures properly, however. Too bad a lot of figures from both games have broken parts. Not that there was anyone who would still play them with me after all this time anway.

The Amiga/PC port of Space Crusade was pretty cool. It could serve as an inspiration on how to do the HeroQuest remake.
Error
InsideQC Staff

Post by Error »

State of the Quest/Map editor:
(no, it's not chess. the little floating tile is to show what tile you're placing.)