Anybody know how to make machinima in quakec?

Discuss programming in the QuakeC language.
Danfun64

Anybody know how to make machinima in quakec?

Post by Danfun64 »

Basically, i want to make scripted machinima, similar to how Seal of Nehahra was made. I have no idea how to do it, but i'm assuming that it uses quakec. Anybody got any tutorials on how to do it, and can somebody show me what to do with the animating process?
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

IIRC Nehahra comes with a SDK, QuakeC source code included. But the cutscenes are just hand-edited demos, I don't think there's much QuakeC-related stuff there.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

There's no special trick. Just hard-code a monster to walk from here to here, hard-code another monster to do this or that, then edit the demo down using demo tools (none of which I can remember the name of). You could spend the next year programming a glorious machinima suite if you wanted, but if you have your movie script, it would be faster to just get 'er done hard-coded style.
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
Danfun64

Post by Danfun64 »

how do you hard code it? are there better choices for scripting machinima for beginners (preferably keeping old-school gameplay style)?