Quake Soccer

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Orion

Quake Soccer

Post by Orion »

Hi, I made a mod where you play soccer in Quake.
But there's no weapons, and you can't kill anyone. You just have to kick the ball to the enemy goal. :wink:

http://www.quaketastic.com/upload/files ... occer3.zip
UPDATE: Full package, last change: new player animation added. :wink:

soccer.bsp and scr2.bsp maps included.

Last edited by Orion on Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Haha, this is great. Your mods always rock.
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Did it a while back and forgot to comment, news posted it. Had good times with this, hope you update it sometime =)
...and all around me was the chaos of battle and the reek of running blood.... and for the first time in my life I knew true happiness.
Orion

Post by Orion »

I'm gonna do it later. I got goalkeepers to work, they appear when the map loads, and stand on the center of the goal waiting for the ball. The keepers are good, so it's tougher to score... really tougher. And the motive I removed jumping is to prevent bunny hopping, but you gave me a good idea of making a player jump higher than usual, and also I'll prevent bunny from only allowing the player to jump again after 0.1 second or so after landing. =)
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Jumping could also take a smidgen of stamina if you implemented that.
...and all around me was the chaos of battle and the reek of running blood.... and for the first time in my life I knew true happiness.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

it wouldnt be that hard to add either.
negke

Heh

Post by negke »

Wasn't there a Quake soccer mod before (long-lost)? I remember seeing a screenshot in a game magazine back then.

The Shambler from Sajt's Wrestling mod would be an ideal addition as referee. Fouling to be punished with extreme prejudice, Quake-style.
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Yup, it had a Quake guy head gib iirc, no bots however. Blood also had as a deathmatch level, a soccer stadium with two goals, and a bevy of zombie heads to kick around.

It of course, also had a bunch of weapons in the stands and shower room...
Trickle

Post by Trickle »

anyone want to play this later? lets set a time!
Trickle

Post by Trickle »

of course no game is complete without a good number of people playing

Orion. I hope you continue working on this and adding more stuff. I noticed the only framesets used are axrun and axstnd, maybe you can add a superkick which uses rockrun and it wails the ball far and can knockout who ever is in front of the oncoming ball.

who ever gets knocked out has the death frames used and then the death frames reverse as he gets back up sort of like the spy in team fortress. :P

we can use a good BAM sound, what do you guys think? :P

the superkick should require charging too!
Last edited by Trickle on Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

super kick with a charge that determines how strong it is would be cool like if the charge bar is only half full then it does half the distance ect. id say it should knock them down for like 2 seconds, or something.
Orion

Post by Orion »

First post updated, new link. :wink:

Added goalkeeper, a bot which is spawned in front of the goal when a map is loaded that tries to keep the ball far away from it.
Added stamina, re-implemented jumping(eats up stamina), and speed boost is now an on-off toggle.

Well that were the only changes yet. But I'm thinking about making a kick charge bar, etc. :)

We can really set a time to play this online, it would be sweet.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

id try it out.
Trickle

Post by Trickle »

this can be like a goalie ground headbutt

this can be a regular headbutt which only uses deathb1
Trickle

Post by Trickle »

also, if you backpedal into the ball it should go backwards instead of forwards :)