What are you working on?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Nahuel

Re: What are you working on?

Post by Nahuel »

Mexicouger wrote: But if you have some advice on shaders you can give me that would be great!
well :) the pages can iluminated (like the original slender) with simple shader

Code: Select all

progs/slender8
{
	surfaceparm nomarks
   {
      map progs/slender8.tga
blendfunc add
      rgbGen identity
   }
}
progs/slender7
{
	surfaceparm nomarks
   {
      map progs/slender7.tga
blendfunc add
      rgbGen identity
   }
}
progs/slender6
{
	surfaceparm nomarks
   {
      map progs/slender6.tga
blendfunc add
      rgbGen identity
   }
}
progs/slender5
{
	surfaceparm nomarks
   {
      map progs/slender5.tga
blendfunc add
      rgbGen identity
   }
}
progs/slender4
{
	surfaceparm nomarks
   {
      map progs/slender4.tga
blendfunc add
      rgbGen identity
   }
}
progs/slender2
{
	surfaceparm nomarks
   {
      map progs/slender2.tga
blendfunc add
      rgbGen identity
   }
}
progs/slender3
{
	surfaceparm nomarks
   {
      map progs/slender3.tga
blendfunc add
      rgbGen identity
   }
}

progs/slender
{
	surfaceparm nomarks
   {
      map progs/slender.tga
blendfunc add
      rgbGen identity
   }
}
you can use that, to create terains you must use easy gen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8KtUl7Xlnw

q3map2 is a very powerfull tool . the creation of shaders and lightmaps with q3map2 is some complex but everything is very documented :) you can read about this in http://q3map2.everyonelookbusy.net/shader_manual/
hi, I am nahuel, I love quake and qc.
Mexicouger

Post by Mexicouger »

I'll read up on those shaders! I had the pages fullbright at one time but it seemed that it was too much. I suppose leaving them fullbright wouldn't hurt!
Thanks!
qbism

Post by qbism »

Mexicouger wrote:I'll read up on those shaders! I had the pages fullbright at one time but it seemed that it was too much. I suppose leaving them fullbright wouldn't hurt!
Thanks!
Maybe fullbright, but not "white", some shade of grayish blue so they're not obvious from very far away. I tried the new demo and agree that placement on walls is better, and click to grab is good! There could be "false" pages to be avoided, that accelerate the stalker...

Indie is good inspiration, but I visited East Berlin in 1990... must be subconscious manifestation of crosswalk sign!
Mexicouger

Post by Mexicouger »

qbism wrote:
Mexicouger wrote:I'll read up on those shaders! I had the pages fullbright at one time but it seemed that it was too much. I suppose leaving them fullbright wouldn't hurt!
Thanks!
Maybe fullbright, but not "white", some shade of grayish blue so they're not obvious from very far away. I tried the new demo and agree that placement on walls is better, and click to grab is good! There could be "false" pages to be avoided, that accelerate the stalker...

Indie is good inspiration, but I visited East Berlin in 1990... must be subconscious manifestation of crosswalk sign!
Suggestion implemented! Pages are a shade of grey and are fullbright, however if you look at them they turn white fullbright. All your suggestions made making this game alot easier!
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Some time ago I was working in a Metal Slug-like mod for Quake (gave up for lack of time and interest), but since I finished the player mecha model I think someone els can find a use for it...

The model itself, its gibs and an ugly viewmodel

I forgot to add a license file to it, but since it embeds the Quake player model (and thus is not 100% original) assume it shares the same license restrictions.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
Mexicouger

Post by Mexicouger »

That model made me laugh for some reason haha. But it looks nice! Good job

EDIT: I would like to show my progress on another quick project I started 4 hours ago. I like to start mini projects that only take a few days to finish. It feels accomplishing. This game is a re-make of a top-down zombie game I started in SDL, but got erased when I got BSOD on my laptop.

SDL version(2-3 days of work in this photo):

Darkplaces version (4 hours of work)
Seven

Post by Seven »

Hello,

I would like to show the thing I am working on at the moment.
It is a little bit crazy and not maybe not very Quake faithful, I know.
But I like to experiment with effects, models and dpextensions to implement ideas I have into Quake.
It is a lot of fun for me and I learn a lot.

I added a different zombie monster into Quake.
Using the zombie model from Dawn Of Darkness, reworking its animations to match Q1 animation.
Then I made it killable with the axe weapon as well.
When aiming with the axe weapon at the new zombie, the axe changes its skin and a light appears around the player,
to give it a "mystical" look.
I used the new head-cut-off death animation when it is killed with axe.
It can be burned as well and leaves a evil pentagram on the floor with some particle effects.

As I said, it is all crazy and weird. But maybe some of you find it useful / inspiring ...
You are welcome to use anything you want from the download (QC source is also included).

If you are interested, please read more about it at quakeone (incl Download link):
http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod-re ... -progress/

Youtube clips to see the features in-game:
part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX5QUqKS ... ature=plcp
part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L0IaVgA ... ature=plcp

Best regards,
Seven

EDITED: Corrected the 2nd youtube link
qbism

Post by qbism »

frag.machine wrote:Some time ago I was working in a Metal Slug-like mod for Quake (gave up for lack of time and interest), but since I finished the player mecha model I think someone els can find a use for it...
I like the way the player fits in there with the lid open and the rocket-boost jump, nice!
mankrip

Post by mankrip »

frag.machine's model would look really good in Scourge of Armagon.
Mexicouger wrote:I would like to show my progress on another quick project I started 4 hours ago. I like to start mini projects that only take a few days to finish. It feels accomplishing. This game is a re-make of a top-down zombie game I started in SDL, but got erased when I got BSOD on my laptop.
:) Looks cute. Java is also really good for this kind of work.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
mh

Post by mh »

Experimenting with ideas for a Vis tool replacement. It runs in the engine (just type "vismap" at the console) and uses renderings and hardware occulsion queries to generate the PVS, which then gets saved out. Incredibly fast in initial tests - just doing the full set of renderings for an id1 map takes seconds, for something on the scale of Marcher it's maybe half a minute. I expect that to go up a bit when I plug in the queries, but not by a huge amount. If this works out well then the days of vis times taking anything more than a few minutes will be totally and completely over.
We had the power, we had the space, we had a sense of time and place
We knew the words, we knew the score, we knew what we were fighting for
qbism

Post by qbism »

mh wrote:If this works out well then the days of vis times taking anything more than a few minutes will be totally and completely over.
That's huge.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

Lei-Lei - the DONT OFFEND TANIWHA WITH TRIANGLES edition

I'm doing her in parts because I plan to make them swappable and optional (like the bow, pants, hat, etc, so i can cover the early concept designs as selectables!)

One notable thing i've done in this is a constant edge loop/ring that's the gold trim outline of the dress, something CAPCOM THEMSELVES NEGLECTED TO DO FOR MVC3
mh wrote:Experimenting with ideas for a Vis tool replacement.
Try it on the infamous NCC1701D map!
i should not be here
taniwha

Post by taniwha »

leileilol wrote:Lei-Lei - the DONT OFFEND TANIWHA WITH TRIANGLES edition
Oi, oi :P

That out of the way, she looks good.
One notable thing i've done in this is a constant edge loop/ring that's the gold trim outline of the dress
Uh oh, could it be? Using topology to your advantage? :)
Leave others their otherness.
http://quakeforge.net/
qbism

Post by qbism »

I'm working on a palette intended for Madfox's new Torro map. I thought it looked good w/ Start map and did a walkthrough. Next Super8 engine build fixes some of the animation and motion interpolation issues with wideangle/ fisheye mode. Planning a palette/ engine/ Torro video release soon.

Start map video: http://youtu.be/3YRqePUI7qE
Seven

Post by Seven »

Hello qbism,

I like your screenshot and the clip.
It really gives a slightly different mood of the game.
Especially how you managed to get the fisheye visual (like using a big fov) but keep your view_weapon unaffected.
That is interesting.

Great work !