The 3 Ghost's of Christmas Future

Discuss programming topics for the various GPL'd game engine sources.
Baker

The 3 Ghost's of Christmas Future

Post by Baker »

I've received a bit of flak over my solution to allocating edicts (which actually works for all FitzQuake/GLQuake mods that I know of ... +/- an adjustment Spike pointed out that I overlooked for multiplayer).

Rather than argue over why I can accept a real-world solution over an ideal-solution, I'm going to demonstrate why. Because I'm chasing other goals ...

This week ... you will be visited by 3 ghosts. No they will not be the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future. They will all be ghosts of Christmas Future.

One of them, FTEQW and DarkPlaces have an interest in doing, but as far as I know they can't actually properly do [not from A to Z to the best of my knowledge]. One of them, will startle in the implications. And one of them will shock.

Why do this? Because a deadline and putting it all on the line will be refreshing and motivational :D

/None of this makes me an MH, Spike or LordHavoc. Hell no! I have a LOT to learn, and I do learn from my masters. But make no mistake, just because I am not a Jedi Master does not mean I don't know how to use The Force. The show begins .... I have no intention of stating what these things are in advance, btw.

[5% chance that one or two are unknown features of DarkPlaces or FTEQW ... we'll find out ...]
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
mh

Re: The 3 Ghost's of Christmas Future

Post by mh »

Heh; no, the intention wasn't to dogpile you (not even a little) over that; sorry if it came across that way. The conversation just drifted in that direction.

Hugely looking forward to seeing what you're cooking up this time. :D
We had the power, we had the space, we had a sense of time and place
We knew the words, we knew the score, we knew what we were fighting for
Baker

Re: The 3 Ghost's of Christmas Future

Post by Baker »

mh wrote:Heh; no, the intention wasn't to dogpile you (not even a little) over that; sorry if it came across that way. The conversation just drifted in that direction
MH, you didn't and it didn't come across that way :D It's time for me to get these things out, I've been working on them too long.
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..