What are you working on?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

lol holy shit. what's this game going to be about?
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Hugging bunnies. :lol:
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
Chip

Post by Chip »

That looks awesome. You should add more colours, more vegetation, and you'll get a fine arcade game.

So, that's your QuakeExpo project! ;)
QuakeWiki
getButterfly - WordPress Support Services
Roo Holidays

Fear not the dark, but what the dark hides.
Ranger366

Post by Ranger366 »

I'm currently setting up a Team, for creating a game on the Quake engine.
It will have a green Color style, something like the little "greenish" feeling in the Matrix, thats mostly because the palette of Quake is utter cra*. It will be thirdperson game.
The rest of my concept and the story should be stay in my head now ...

Also, im finishing right now (ceriux already helped me with a model) my Coop mod for Quake, which provides the Duke Nukem 3D Inventory, achievements, level skilling system, speech of Duke (or better said, the voice of VinsaneOne) into the game. The enemies are polished up and more powerful.
TimeServ

Post by TimeServ »

Irritant

Post by Irritant »

Spirit wrote:After 4 exams in 4 days I needed a little relaxation and thus cleaned up 4 years old code and directories and am rather determined to finally finish this until easter.

Take that, you violent killing machines!
Ummm...this has to be the coolest thing I've seen in a long time :D
http://red.planetarena.org - Alien Arena and the CRX engine
Junrall

Post by Junrall »

I finally merged my syntax colorizor-thingy-majingy into QCPad... wow, what an undertaking! There are a few glitchy things to fix and polish with the syntax colorizing and a few other glitches related to file saves.
You know the saying... "It's a diamond in the rough" well... at the moment QCPad is a "chunk of coal in the rough!" Ok, maybe it's not that bad. :wink:
Here is a short video of it in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC4EwqXIa4k

If I had to do this project all over again (and I probably will!) I would most certainly approach it differently!
When I had first started I had know idea what I was doing or how to go about implementing the functionality of what I wanted. A lot things were done out of sequence... and without a clear goal for each item I tackled. Egads! If you could see the hackery!! :lol:

The next version of QCPad may be a watered down version... something without all the eye candy and anything else that does not push QCPad toward a functional goal.

It kills me to think of working on this thing from the ground up again... or nearly so! On the other hand... I am also excited as well... I know it will go faster this time and will be a more polished product.

What do you think? Should I not waste anymore time with this version and pour my time into a fresh version? Or should I finish what I started then jump on to the fresh version?
Good God! You shot my leg off!
ajay

Post by ajay »

Playing with the eQ map in Darkplaces, this short clip just shows finding the 'gun in the pub', which, in the game, will trigger an event. Yes scripted events are cool. Like bow ties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGY3Fe9muw8&hd=1
GiffE

Post by GiffE »

ajay wrote:Playing with the eQ map in Darkplaces, this short clip just shows finding the 'gun in the pub', which, in the game, will trigger an event. Yes scripted events are cool. Like bow ties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGY3Fe9muw8&hd=1
When I read your post, even before clicking the video... I immediately thought: "Oh god hes gonna get 'the Winchester'"
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

junrall - why would you need to completely redo your program? i personally wouldnt. if i were you i'd fix any bugs you can track down.

also a black background for the txt editor i dont know is such a good idea.
Junrall

Post by Junrall »

ceriux wrote:junrall - why would you need to completely redo your program? i personally wouldnt. if i were you i'd fix any bugs you can track down.

also a black background for the txt editor i dont know is such a good idea.
It's not so much the bugs as it is with all the "spider webbing" of the code. As it is now, if I need to update anything or add something new, it is very difficult to do without breaking things... I'd spend to much time chasing my tail to do something simple.
No worries though... I still plan to push forward with QCPad as it is. In the mean time I will split some of my time towards planing and goal setting for the next version of QCPad.
Bringing A newer version of QCPad up st speed shouldn't take very long as most of the work is already done... it's just a matter of untangling everything!

As for the black background... do you mean the editor itself or the the window in which the text resides? At the moment you can only change the background color of the window in which the text resides... however, the background of the text editor will soon be changeable as well.
gnounc

Post by gnounc »

Junrall, I forgot if you'd answered this already, but is qcpad scintilla based?
If not I'd definately suggest checking scintilla out.
Junrall

Post by Junrall »

gnounc wrote:Junrall, I forgot if you'd answered this already, but is qcpad scintilla based?
If not I'd definately suggest checking scintilla out.
No, QCPad isn't Scintilla based. I have my own home brewed syntax highlighting system built in... certainly not as fast as Scintilla or the others but it works and I can call it my own!
I did look at scintilla when I first started QCPad. Unfortunately Scintilla is .net Framework 2 and QCPad is .net Framework 4.
If there were a way to mash scintilla and it's framework into QCPad I would definitely do it!
I've checked others out as well but they are in the same boat as scintilla or want an arm and a leg (all of which I want to keep!)

The other reason I struck out on my own with this was that I wanted to see if I could figure it out myself. Ha! There was more to it than I had thought! And certainly more to it than what I've done!
Ranger366

Post by Ranger366 »

Junrall wrote:QCPad
I'm definitly looking forward to this!
Already getting rid of opening stuff over explorer.exe.
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

I'm currently learning to use Blender 2.49b. (More accurately banging my head against it...:lol:)

Currently, I now can:
Export to .mdl with skin and animations
Import / Export .md3

Right now I'm trying to figure out the UV Unwrapping stuff, after that I go to making meshes. (I figure that knowing how to UV something would be better to know first, since it will do little good to know how to make a mesh that isn't going to unwrap nicely...)