IRC (come and chat)

Talk about the Quake Expo and Quake Speed events.
Error
InsideQC Staff

IRC (come and chat)

Post by Error »

most of the modding community chats on IRC, so it'd be kick ass if everyone that isn't already there would idle and/or talk in the #qc channel on irc.gamesurge.net.

see you there.
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

No thanks
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
Wazat

Post by Wazat »

I'll be back on IRC once I get internet back. The school here blocks IRC out and the flooding took out the internet connection at my home. :(
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work.
c0burn

Post by c0burn »

Sajt wrote:No thanks
So what's your problem, exactly?
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

I don't like the distraction. #qc is nothing but small-talk anyway.
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
Labman

Post by Labman »

Sajt wrote:I don't like the distraction. #qc is nothing but small-talk anyway.
Almost never any intresting mod talk
Urre

Post by Urre »

Labman wrote:Almost never any intresting mod talk
I agree, and it's sad really... Off-topic chat is nice, if it doesn't take over the entire channel. I remember once when I brought up qc talk, including code samples, people said I should move that somewhere else, to not pollute the channel. I was completely dumbfounded by this, and wondered how it could possibly pollute a channel if someone for once was on topic... Put in other words: WTF!
I was once a Quake modder
Harb

Post by Harb »

I've neer seen anyone complained at for posting QC in #qc, but hey, it's a community channel, OT talk is fine.
><)))'>
Electro

sigh

Post by Electro »

yeah the off-topic talk was rather boring to be honest

i don't really bother going into IRC anymore because of the distractions and useless blabble that goes on.

i may make a return one day, or at least a little bit before qexpo, during, and a bit after.

don't know, see how things turn out.

i'll be most likely relocating and i don't know what dates that will fall on as of yet.
Benjamin Darling
http://www.bendarling.net/

Reflex - In development competitive arena fps combining modern tech with the speed, precision and freedom of 90's shooters.
http://www.reflexfps.net/
Entar

Post by Entar »

The Quake modding community would be much bigger/stronger half the off topic chat on #qc was about qc instead... :?
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

Oh come on! You can't talk about QC 24/7! #qc is a place for QC coders to chat, but not neccesarily about Quake.

That said, I have never seen anyone get shouted down for discussing QC there, and I have often done so myself.
Wazat

Post by Wazat »

I don't visit #qc anymore. I've never been actually yelled at for bringing up actual Quake topics, but all too often ignored until I go away. I go to #darkplaces and #prydon because I can often get questions and comments that are Quake-mod related there. And I can make small talk, too.

You can't talk QC code 24/7, but it wouldn't hurt to do it a little. Just a little...

O_o
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work.
Tei

Post by Tei »

I like #qc because its friendly people. But Its not a really good location to speak about modding. So I use more forums. And I am not much IRC fanboy. But as always, #QC guys are nice by default
Urre

Post by Urre »

I'm not saying it's regularly happening that coding talk would be looked down upon in #qc, and I'm not surprised that it hasn't happened to you. It just did to me, once, but once too many. The whole idea of complaining about that, IN THERE, was just outrageous to me.

I'm also not asking anyone to talk qc 24/7, that's ridiculous... But, I think Wazat nailed it again, it wouldn't hurt to stay on topic just a little... The amount of actual qc talk in #qc is so low it shouldn't be called #qc in the first place... #retiredquakemoddersrus sounds more like it. (yes I'm aware of the active modders in there, being one of them)
I was once a Quake modder
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

Well maybe if everyone complaining about #qc not being qc enough were to go there and converse on the subject then we'd discuss it more frequently :p