Prydon Modelling

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
Chillo

Post by Chillo »

MauveBib wrote:Here's a quick attempt at a guy.mdl skin...

http://elf.planetquake.gamespy.com/guy.rar

Mauvebib: That was fast, and awesome!!!
Reminds me of the sagdoll....

Entar: He does look retarded, but I feel that people in medieval times weren't too bright, especially the peasants. And I tried to make the animations look as dopey as possible.

My only complaint is that there's a lot of black on the pants where it looks like the cloth texture is slipping off the legs.
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

Entar: yep, he looks pretty dumb, but that was mostly because after I saw the pose of the model I felt a dumb peasant look was in order.

The hands are a bit weird, yes, but the shape of them was difficult to work with. From other angles you can see his fists are clenched.

Chillo: Yeah, I guess I did kinda do him in the same clothes as Nigel the Sagdoll. Not intentional, honest!

I see what you mean about the black on the trousers, I'll take a look at it.
Apathy Now!
Chillo

Post by Chillo »

MauveBib: Do you have any more faces? If so, make some more skins with them. I can also change the clothing colors easily for variety.
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

Yeah, I was planning on doing a few different versions.

update:

http://elf.planetquake.gamespy.com/guy.rar
Apathy Now!
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

second skin...

Apathy Now!
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

you're fired
i should not be here
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

Chillo, so the 1000x500 wasn't an accident? O_o
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
Chillo

Post by Chillo »

Sajt wrote:Chillo, so the 1000x500 wasn't an accident? O_o
I could definitly resize it, it's no problem

Mauve, I really like the faces on the skins. Please keep them up.
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

Chillo: how about sadoc.mdl :)
Rodinius

Post by Rodinius »

CheapAlert wrote:you're fired
ive seen this person give so many rude remarks to people but at the same time i havent seen him once do a screen dump from his personal archive of work to show to this thread, why can't you show everybody here your work???
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

We know him, he can model, but he doesn't model for Prydon. Unless Prydon wants gargoyles or characters from Darkstalkers...
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
Rodinius

Post by Rodinius »

But why slag the project off so much and why give the people who are working on the project so much grief!! isnt it a waste of typing????
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

It's some kind of humour (if it can be called that ) that some people who have known him a while can recognize (and ignore)

Unfortunately it seems to be all he posts these days...
Chillo

Post by Chillo »

Can someone also do a skin for the fem.mdl?
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

I dunno, I'd give it a shot if the skin were something more like 300x200 ;)