[FTEQW][REL] Jumps Done Well

The home for dedicated threads to specific projects, be they mods, tools, or independent games.
Shpuld

[FTEQW][REL] Jumps Done Well

Post by Shpuld »

Hey guys,

I made a new FTEQW game last weekend. I missed out on the previous Ludum Dare thanks to a vacation but I still wanted to go through the effort of making a game solo in 48 hours so here's what I made.

Jumps Done Well is a singleplayer 3D fixed camera action platformer, where you have to navigate obstacles, defeat enemies and collect items to increase your movement and fighting capabilities. I wanted to make it more metroidvania style but because of limited time and challenges in map creation it is what it is. The game is free with QC source under MIT license included in the downloads, you can check it out at:

https://shp.itch.io/jumps-done-well

Check out the screenshots in the itch link as well!
ceriux

Re: [FTEQW][REL] Jumps Done Well

Post by ceriux »

nice visuals
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

great, great, great! The atmosphere, the movements, the character.. it could be a commercial product without problems, what can I say: compliments dude!
And thanks as always to have shared the code! Love the music!

PS: I'm stuck in the green chamber, once I jumped in the carved platform, now, every time I jump, I fall off :?:

PPS:Next time could you do a 2d game with my spriteED project? :mrgreen:
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
Shpuld

Post by Shpuld »

ceriux: thanks!

toneddu2000:
Thank you for your kind words as always!

You'll need to explore the environment better to find necessary items to proceed, some jumps need more feathers :)