tools for porting

Discuss programming topics for any language, any source base. If it is programming related but doesn't fit in one of the below categories, it goes here.
revelator

tools for porting

Post by revelator »

As some probably know i been working on my own ports of some posix tools through the years, so i decided that others could have good use of some of the porting tools i been working on and with.

I will upload sources for those to my sourceforge account.

It includes things like ->

plibc: an allmost complete port of libc to windows, only downside is that you need the plibc dll and it can be a little hard to work with because it requires some changes to your sources (can not be used statically atm so like cygwin apps it depends on a posix layer dll, might be possible to rewrite it to output a static library but i had no luck so far).
mman-win32: based on the mman-win32 port from google-code that mostly worked but the code was a bit incomplete so i added the missing functions. Also works on x64 now (can be used statically).
dlfcn-win32: a port of the posix dlfcn, small bugfixes and x64 fixes added by me (can be used statically).
Productivity is a state of mind.