FTEQW qc extensions?

Discuss programming in the QuakeC language.
Error
InsideQC Staff

FTEQW qc extensions?

Post by Error »

Does FTEQW happen to have an equivalent of Darkplaces' dpextensions.qc? It doesn't even seem to come with a readme...

I'd love to use FTE but have no idea what it's capable of doing. And I thought Darkplaces had bad documentation... :(
Shpuld

Re: FTEQW qc extensions?

Post by Shpuld »

FTE has the ability to automatically generate defs files with the engine supported stuff in it, try "pr_dumpplatform -O my_new_defs -Tcs -Ffte" for example, it's gonna output a csqc specific my_new_defs.qc (somewhere in the game folders, can't remember where). The autogenerated defs also has short and sweet documentation in comments for most of the functions in it.

Available options for the pr_dumpplatform are the following:
-Ffte - target only FTE (optimations and additional extensions)
-Tnq - dump specifically NQ fields
-Tqw - dump specifically QW fields
-Tcs - dump specifically CSQC fields
-Tmenu - dump specifically menuqc fields
-Fdefines - generate #defines instead of constants
-Faccessors - use accessors instead of basic types via defines
-O - write to a different qc file

Personally I like to get rid of original defs.qc completely, then create separate csdefs.qc with -Tcs and then a ssdefs.qc with -Tqw, and then keep server-side and client-side stuff separate from eachothers.
Spike

Post by Spike »

there's some other junk here: http://sourceforge.net/p/fteqw/code/HEA ... unk/specs/ but quite a lot of it is kinda old now.
Error
InsideQC Staff

Post by Error »

Thank you. I've seen some things like what Spike posted but not complete defs.
jjsullivan5196

Post by jjsullivan5196 »

I also wanted to note, you can dump one single defs file with the -Ffte option and use #defines to set what section of the defs file you want to use.

For example, in your SSQC, your first QC file will have #define SSQC or #define QWSSQC to indicate SSQC fields. If you also want to use CSQC, just do the same in your first CSQC source file with #define CSQC. Then just store fteextensions.qc (or whatever you set the name to) in a shared/ folder, so you don't have to duplicate fields anywhere.