Doom 4 trailer?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.

What's the most annoying thing you've seen in Doom E3 video?

Monsters are not so scary
No votes
Monsters sounds are too subtle and not very incisive
14%
Gameplay looks too different from original
14%
Console influence is too much present
29%
Graphics isn't so fantastic as they promised - OR - it differs too much from original
14%
Weapons don't seem to be so powerful as originals
No votes
Bethesda acquisition ruined everything
29%

Total votes: 7

toneddu2000

Re: Doom 4 trailer?

Post by toneddu2000 »

found another video talking about multiplayer campaign and Doom SnapMap, the technology beyond new Doom editor and map sharing capabilities
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
revelator

Post by revelator »

do you guys think it could make sense to add a poll to the thread asking some opinion about all the material we saw of new Doom?
Personally id go for it :) should also make bethesda/id aware of the poll, maybe not to late yet to have some of the more silly elements redone ;)

Just got the remastered edition of homeworld, things to note ->
gameplay largely original is nice.
the hud was replaced with the homeworld 2 version which i kinda hate because im more used to the original even though it had drawbacks in the form of being a bit to simplistic.
Id prefer if they used the hud from cataclysm instead, but since cataclysm was made by another game company and the source was lost that might not happen.
Major GFX overhaul woaahh Oo.
Includes the originals also but bugfixed to allow them to run without using compatibility settings on win7/8.
Havent tried homeworld 2 remastered yet but i hope to god that they scrapped the auto scaling AI,
else i predict some major complaints about the game being to hard to be fun hehe.
No REALLY i hope they scrapped it :P they original was renowned for being hardcore and only the best strategists could beat it, if you came from homeworld 1 and thought you could just overwhelm
the enemy with a massive fleet then think again :) the AI was put together in a way that made sure the enemy allways had a fleet atleast 3 times the size of yours and with way better guns hehe.
No easy setting either ;) actually no skill settings at all besides uber hard :lol:
Productivity is a state of mind.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

I think this is the official video with everything inside: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KApp699WdE
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
Irritant

Post by Irritant »

Gameplay looks pretty damn fun and awesome to me. The monsters were scary enough, but I'm not sure yet if I truly like their style. I'll say, I rather liked the Mancubus, but disliked the Cyberdemon. The imps I did like better than Doom 3's, and the atmosphere and levels I like better than Doom 3, though I did think Doom 3 did a pretty good job of feeling like "Doom" to me.

There had BETTER be Spider Masterminds and Arachnotrons. If not, I take it all back, the game will suck, and I won't buy it :)
http://red.planetarena.org - Alien Arena and the CRX engine
revelator

Post by revelator »

Hehe masterminds would defo be nice :)

As for the new homeworld one correction.
It not only uses the homeworld 2 UI it also uses the AI and that makes it a somewhat sore bite for me to have thrown my money at it :(
Try the diamond shoales mission and weep if you dont have the 100% correct setup your mothership will go kabloom in the first 3 seconds sigh.
Productivity is a state of mind.
jitspoe

Post by jitspoe »

I must say, the gibs and hit reactions look really nice. Getting things to look good at that level of detail is no simple task.
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

Added a poll. If anyone interested, vote. After 1 month I'll send poll total results (if they're consistent) to Id Software mail. Maybe a historic community like this one could be take in consideration a little for little gameplay tweaking! :lol:
Irritant

Post by Irritant »

Shitty choices. I personally love what I have seen thus far.
http://red.planetarena.org - Alien Arena and the CRX engine
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Just a couple observations:
a) Bethesda calls this game "DooM", not "Doom 4";
b) your pool title says "DooM 3" but have no option titled "too much closet monsters cheap traps" :P
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

It's a tradition that frag.machine misunderstands my words. :biggrin:
I named the poll "Doom E3 video" (video of Doom at2015 E3 conference), not Doom 3 video.

About Doom 4 title, you're right. When I saw first images of DooM I didn't know they called like this and every people on the globe called it Doom 4, that's why I called it "Doom 4".
your pool title says "DooM 3" but have no option titled "too much closet monsters cheap traps" :P
Sorry, I don't have the language skills to comprehend your joke, is that a joke, isn't it? :)
So many words and you didn't take the time to tell if there's something you didn't like in new DooM...
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

toneddu2000 wrote:It's a tradition that frag.machine misunderstands my words. :biggrin:
I named the poll "Doom E3 video" (video of Doom at2015 E3 conference), not Doom 3 video.

About Doom 4 title, you're right. When I saw first images of DooM I didn't know they called like this and every people on the globe called it Doom 4, that's why I called it "Doom 4".
your pool title says "DooM 3" but have no option titled "too much closet monsters cheap traps" :P
Sorry, I don't have the language skills to comprehend your joke, is that a joke, isn't it? :)
So many words and you didn't take the time to tell if there's something you didn't like in new DooM...
Yup, you're right, of course. I should stop replying late at night when my reading skills are worse than usual.
TBH the "DooM" x "DooM 4" divergence is perfectly acceptable, and personally I think Bethesda is wrong and you're right. If there is any mockery in my comment is pointed to their stupid attempt to "reboot" something which was perfect :)

About your pool... I will save my opinion for at least after I watch some actual gameplay footage out of control from Bethesda hype machine (I did the same with Fallout 4 and it proved to be the right move). The fact they are reusing a lot of monster concepts from Doom 3 is a negative point in my checklist (probably to avoid problems with the strong satanism references from the original game), but let me see the whole thing as it is first.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

If there is any mockery in my comment is pointed to their stupid attempt to "reboot" something which was perfect :)
Ah, I got it now, thanks! :)
frag.machine wrote:I will save my opinion for at least after I watch some actual gameplay footage out of control from Bethesda hype machine
Yeah, you're probably right. I created the poll now only because I thought that maybe could be considered useful for Id team to collect some feedbacks (from a proven Old School Id games community) when the product is not so definitive, ma probably it doesn't make so much sense.
frag.machine wrote:The fact they are reusing a lot of monster concepts from Doom 3 is a negative point in my checklist (probably to avoid problems with the strong satanism references from the original game), but let me see the whole thing as it is first.
Well, this could be another point (but I guess that point 1 can also be read as "Monsters are not so scary, maybe also because differ too much from Doom 1" :)), infact satanism in Id software (even Quake 1 had less satanic icons than Doom imo) progressively decreased during years. I wonder why
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

Just a little update:

Alpha Multiplayer gameplay video 1

Alpha Multiplayer game play video 2

Am I the only one who found it a little.. slow, dunno, boring.. The absence of music kinda crap imo..

EDIT: but I must say detail is impressive.. Entire level structures and props seem really really well designed
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A4-SVUHQYI

Very informative. At the end they promise a similar episode about Quake.
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

Thanks for the sharing this video, frag.machine! 50 minutes of Doom History are always a good way to spend spare time! Very detailed! I can't wait Quake's episode!