frag.machine wrote:Aren't you referering to the bones names in your code anyway ? Or are you assuming in a non obvious way that pelvis has index 1, torso has index 2 and so on ?
That's the problem... I don't know!
I mean, of course there's some model format issue, because same code with DPM works, so I presumed
(there's nothing assured by me about programming matter, I'm still very ignorant about it) it's something related to IQM randomly bone numbers generation
Spike wrote:It would be good to be able to set up some bone groups feature, but I expect someone would still complain about the design of it anyway (it sucks when they're legitimate complaints). I might do it and roll a few tweaks into some new extension some time, either way I doubt DP would adopt it any time soon anyway, and as you seem to be using that engine, no rush!
Well, Spike, I've to admit that for structuring all my "work enviroment" with DP I spent like 3 years with trying, re-trying, no documentation found, finding some clues on the net and so on. Last week I fired up FTE and I encountered all the problems I found 3 years ago with DP
- can't understand how to setup a standalone game and standalone data folder (and don't use Quake original files most of all!)
- can't understand how to setup NetRadiant with .fte folder (to be honest, that's a no problem, I could manage it)
- can't understand why my NetRadiant maps won't open on FTE instead sock's maps do (even after re-exported with my NetRadiant)
- don't have a list of all command line commands (I made mine for DP)
- don't know how to setup "high end" features like fonts, glsl shaders, skeletal model files (THAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT ONES - qc code for skeletal animation that worked in DP made the model disappear in FTE!)
- don't know how to edit real time lights in editor and how to load them from maps (I don't use lightmaps, only real time lights)
- don't know how to check if ode is running and which ode libraries it needs on Win/Linux
and a lot of other stuff I don't remember right now...
If there's a great documentation about all these things to know about FTE I'll switch right now... seriously!
Even because you're the one who's really helping me in these threads. I found a SERIOUS bug (I posted here some week ago) in DP where real time shadows of animated skeletal model (DPM and IQM) are projected as the model were in T-pose but I never saw here a LordHavoc reply (I even asked him a while ago about something else csqc DP related but no replies...), so...
...plus FTE has ragdolls!
I could swicth to it in no time!
Pleas let me know if there's a manual and I'll create a document about skeletal animations even for FTE