Quake Expo 2007? 2008?

Talk about the Quake Expo and Quake Speed events.

When do you think we should hold the next expo?

Go Annual (Next Expo in 2007)
57%
Stay Biennial (Next Expo in 2008)
32%
Stay Biennial (Next Expo in 2007 - count this years as a 'bonus')
11%

Total votes: 44

FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

scar3crow wrote:(Ive no idea what Im classified as)..
A Tennessean.

It's up to you to 'find' your replacement.
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

But so is biff, though he's also a mapper...

I'll go poke around for people when I get off work and back from the gym.
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

Why don't you look for someone while you're still at the gym?
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Because the coolest person at the gym legitimately likes Linkin Park and thinks that Metallica is underground.

Actually the coolest one I dont see often, this really athletic black guy who always approaches me randomly with questions about extreme metal.
RenegadeC

Post by RenegadeC »

scar3crow wrote:I think it would be a change of pace to have someone from the Func_ community host it next time, as it has basically been modders thus far - myself being the only exception (Ive no idea what Im classified as).

I am willing to do it again, but not for the next one, or the one after that, I really want to see hosts from different areas of the Quake community.
As long as it isn't czg or scampie.
Entar

Post by Entar »

I didn't vote, because I couldn't decide. I think Dr. Shadowborg has a point or two in what he said:
Dr. Shadowborg wrote:I'm all for annually, reasons being:

1. Yearly means much more exposure of quake in the mainstream.

2. Having an expo often will provide the little kick in the arse that many people need to get their mod finished / worked on.

That said, the real problem is with finding people willing to run the damn thing.
However, I think having QExpo too often could disrupt the "specialness" of it, and thus it won't be as big a deal anymore. I don't know just how much this effect would take place, but it's definitely something to be considered. No matter what happens, I'll most likely be present at the next QExpo, whenever it happens to be.
Entar

Post by Entar »

So, are we doing one this year? I think I finally decided that we ought to, in my opinion.

If so, we ought to start looking for someone(s) to run it, so that production on the site can start. It's rather a crunch to set the thing up, so it might be beneficial to give the people some extra time to do it.

My nominees for QExpo president would be people like LordHavoc, Wazat, Harb, Urre, MauveBib, scar3crow, Sajt, RenegadeC and Dr. Shadowborg. Unfortunately, LordHavoc's busy, Wazat and Harb haven't been around, and MauveBib and scar3crow already did it and I don't think they want to again. As for the remaining people, we'll just have to see what they say.

So, Urre, Sajt, RenegadeC, Doctor?
Last edited by Entar on Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

urre is a possible candidate

ren well hes' mr. cool and he is a jerk

doctor i dunno if his 56k can manage that much
i should not be here
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Im not necessarily opposed to doing it again, but out of tradition I dont think I should.
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

I personally think three years in a row is retarded...
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

me too
Entar

Post by Entar »

What's wrong with that? I think having it every year is a good idea, just because of all the benefits it brings.
RenegadeC

Post by RenegadeC »

Entar wrote:What's wrong with that? I think having it every year is a good idea, just because of all the benefits it brings.
To avoid this "Oh Quake Expo? Another? Who cares!"
Entar

Post by Entar »

While this arrangement would take a little of the specialness out of it, I think it wouldn't impact it that much. It adds more specialness to the Quake community in general, because people bring out some great stuff for it. It would definitely remedy the quietness we've been experiencing lately.
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

I am afraid there is not enough projects in the Quake scene to keep an anual QExpo rolling, even if we bring Q2 and Q3 to the boat. Unfortunately.

That said, I don't see any problem having an special event this year.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)