DP "photography"

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

DP "photography"

Post by scar3crow »

http://scar3crow.circa1984.com/quakeshots/

I did some "photography" of most of e1 and a snippet of e2 in Darkplaces using Romi's rtlights at 1600x1200 with some minor bloom in an attempt to get some decent Quake oriented wallpapers.

Theyre not perfect, but I enjoy some of them.
DarkSnow

Post by DarkSnow »

Nice :)
RenegadeC

Post by RenegadeC »

I love em.

I have to agree with what one user said though in #terrafusion, the better the Quake engine the more noticably ugly iD's maps become.
Baker

Post by Baker »

RenegadeC wrote:the better the Quake engine the more noticably ugly iD's maps become.
So true
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Im considering doing at least one shot per level of id maps.... Just a showcase of each area in Quake.

But yes, the geometry is very primitive, the texturing not quite great... but didnt they make those maps in a modified Doom editor ?
RenegadeC

Post by RenegadeC »

I still think iD's maps look good overall, just the main thing that bothers me is texture alignment; it wasn't as noticable in software rendering Quake which is what Quake was designed from really.

Since engines are sharper / more colorful / prettier like ponies you're now you're able to easily spot misaligned textures from greater distances, especially when it comes to a curved surface leading to another in Quake's standard map set...