"FitzQuake Plus": An Easy Engine To Compile

Discuss programming topics for the various GPL'd game engine sources.
Jukki

Re: "FitzQuake Plus": An Easy Engine To Compile

Post by Jukki »

Sure, i am using fitzquake plus for couple of reason.

1. hlbsp (our mapper doesnt like to use qbsp XD )
2. similiarities to psp engine, easier to swap code betwen the engines
3. I dont want the pc version to have many advantages over psp version, so fitzquake+ suits well our needs.
4. its nicer to add new stuff in the engine yourself :D
Baker

Post by Baker »

Jukki wrote:Sure, i am using fitzquake plus for couple of reason.

1. hlbsp (our mapper doesnt like to use qbsp XD )
2. similiarities to psp engine, easier to swap code betwen the engines
3. I dont want the pc version to have many advantages over psp version, so fitzquake+ suits well our needs.
4. its nicer to add new stuff in the engine yourself :D
Hey, whatever you like. :D
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
Jukki

Post by Jukki »

yes it is a good engine no doubt, thougt i am currently riping the externall mdl texture if you dont mind :P
Baker

Post by Baker »

Jukki wrote:yes it is a good engine no doubt, thougt i am currently riping the externall mdl texture if you dont mind :P
:D I thought it would be easier to clearly mark everything in the engine than try to write tutorials in bbcode. :mrgreen:

[Kinda of like the QIP engine, really ... it was one of the early engines with many changes (fog, bug fixes, etc), but they marked it with comments.]
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
Jukki

Post by Jukki »

Yes it is realy helpfull to folow ifdefs. See what is actualy been changed.

Did you look in to the func_wall bug btw, i tryed to look but i didnt find anything that could have caused it. (it could be qc, but doubt it)
Baker

Post by Baker »

Jukki wrote:Yes it is realy helpfull to folow ifdefs. See what is actualy been changed.

Did you look in to the func_wall bug btw, i tryed to look but i didnt find anything that could have caused it. (it could be qc, but doubt it)
Zip up what you have and send me a link via private message. Hopefully do a save game to where you have the problem and include that so I can experience this problem firsthand.
Jukki

Post by Jukki »

Sended the zip, hope that helps :)
Baker

Post by Baker »

Jukki wrote:Sended the zip, hope that helps :)
Your private message doesn't have a link to this zip in it.
Jukki

Post by Jukki »

I immediatly replied with the link O.o
Baker

Post by Baker »

Jukki wrote:I immediatly replied with the link O.o
I've got one private message from you only. It doesn't have the link.
Baker

Post by Baker »

Jukki wrote:I immediatly replied with the link O.o
Jukki can you give me a map name and a location of the problem? Type viewpos in the console to get the coordinates. I need to know where this troublesome inconsistency is, and I can't find it myself.

[Wow, your mod looks pro.]
Jukki

Post by Jukki »

i thought i told that in a post? Anyways, go to map warehouse, immediately next to you i a platform. That seems to be the one causing the trouble. Also some stairs which use func_wall are causing trouble according to our mapper.
Baker

Post by Baker »

Type viewpos when standing on the platform, it will show location in the map ( x y z coordinates)

Tell me what it is because I need this. I am not familiar with your maps. I'm trying to find this platform right now. But I need precise information.

EDIT = Is this the walkway above? I think I found it. I get stuck. Investigating ....
Jukki

Post by Jukki »

you must be quite blind then :P

(jk)

Yeah in warehouse (-249, -504, -282) 28 334 0
Baker

Post by Baker »

Jukki wrote:you must be quite blind then :P
In less then 12 hours, your problems will be solved :D The only thing standing between me and the solution, are these beers. And there are fewer of them by the minute.

[How did I end up with Jukki as my friend? Heh. What an ass clown ... (jk) :twisted: I guess we can't change our friends. :D ]