Old Unfinished version of TROH:CoD now availible.

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Old Unfinished version of TROH:CoD now availible.

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

Yeah, so I know it's been longer than I said it would be. Anyway:

http://tlb.circa1984.com/trohcod/trohcodufalpha.rar

It's fairly fun I think, even though there's some bugs, and unimplimented stuff.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

should've zipped it :( i can't open rars on ubuntu (with unrar even, just fails extractung)

edit nvm using rarlabs rar

hey, the pistol is awesome, its so automagish. it could be faster though

man, seeing my phaser rifle model again gives me a flashback to the huge wwwthread here about the project

i feel embarassed looking at my OLDOLDODLDOLDODLD gargoyle mesh/skin, i could do so much better now :P

the grenade explosion is awesome and looks cool with bloom on dp

you might wanna fix the compression rifle bug, where your shots could explode on the previous shot's explosion causing you to fire it CLOSER TO YOURSELF
i should not be here
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

CheapAlert wrote: hey, the pistol is awesome, its so automagish. it could be faster though

man, seeing my phaser rifle model again gives me a flashback to the huge wwwthread here about the project

i feel embarassed looking at my OLDOLDODLDOLDODLD gargoyle mesh/skin, i could do so much better now :P

the grenade explosion is awesome and looks cool with bloom on dp

you might wanna fix the compression rifle bug, where your shots could explode on the previous shot's explosion causing you to fire it CLOSER TO YOURSELF
Yeah, I was trying to shoot for an automag feel. I've since tossed the stannum pistol model though, because it was kinda ugly under software, and proved unsuitable for akimboization.

Heh, that Phaser rifle model's pretty much become my favorite choice for the obligitory plasma weapon =D

Yeah, that gargeh is kinda dated now, but it really got the job done back when in '04. Maybe you could make a new arma-esque gargeh in .mdl format that flys around instead of running? Just add an "evil" styling skin along with a normal skin and a wing shield anim, and I could even use him as a boss monster in the current remake I'm working on.

The grenade explosion was taken direct from the Apocalypse Launcher's Power Missile. It should be noted, that the current Apocalypse Missile Launcher now features the Power Missile as the normal standard.

The compression bolt bug is just plain odd. I dunno what it is, but I'm not going to worry about it, as it'll probably be worked out in the new remake. As I said, this is the old version that hasn't been touched since '04.