my mod site (its new gimme a break)

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
RooT

my mod site (its new gimme a break)

Post by RooT »

hey this is my first post on this forum, but considering i've learned everything i know from inside 3d, figured its time to do somthing. www.angelfire.com/ult/td is my quake mod site, and while the mods are not yet available to download, i would appreciate any ideas and constructive criticizims (not on my spelling however...) :wink: well thanks and keep modding quake cuz it fucking rules-
root one
My mod site!
Mod Status:
Turret Defense: 30%
UPS: 45%
Wazat

Post by Wazat »

Turret defense and UPS look awesome.

On UPS:
I recommend you slow the player's speed down to about 2/3 or 1/2. Hitting other players with a melee weapon is hard because players move extremely fast in Quake and most of its mods. If you do this, add an upgrade players can buy to increase their speed (which will make axes very hard to use). So, a player can choose to buy a shotgun, and another player can choose to upgrade his speed -- one can shoot long range, the other can quickly close the gap to deal more damage with his axe. And with Darkplaces it's pretty easy to set player's speed and control/enhance their movement.

However, you may have a much better idea than I do about how you want your mod to work, do don't take this as a command from on high. It's just a suggestion. Anything that makes the axe easier to use helps a lot.

Cheers, and good luck!
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work.
RooT

good thinking

Post by RooT »

hey good idea, ill throw that in see how me and my freinds like it and if it works, hell ill give ya some credit lol, i forgot about changing player speed since i been moding on regular quake engine for like 5 years and just tried dp last month lol. ill keep you guys updated, thanks for checkin it out!
-Root one
My mod site!
Mod Status:
Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh »

I recommend you to convert the images to jpg. Right now, your home page load very slowly because bmp images are HUGE.

To convert, you can use XnView or any other imaging software, like Irfanview. etc
#EOP
RooT

thanks

Post by RooT »

ooh ya lol ment to do that, thanks for pointin that out!

8) and ill have some more pics for the UPS mod check um out, i redid most of thw gfx.wad file and it came out nicely, ill also be adding some tutorials by the weekend.
-Root one
My mod site!
Mod Status: