UrreBot

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Urre

UrreBot

Post by Urre »

The first version of my bot has been released at my QExpo booth, check it out!

Drop comments below.
I was once a Quake modder
Quest

Post by Quest »

Tell him to stop hogging the LG =(
FrikaC
Site Admin

Re: UrreBot

Post by FrikaC »

I think it's a really great start. The bots need some sort of combat AI, obviously, but they seem to navigate really well - aside from apparently getting hung up occasionally in the start behind the RA.

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, but currently, I believe, this bot only supports DM6.
Gilgamesh

Re: UrreBot

Post by Gilgamesh »

FrikaC wrote:I think it's a really great start. The bots need some sort of combat AI, obviously, but they seem to navigate really well - aside from apparently getting hung up occasionally in the start behind the RA.

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, but currently, I believe, this bot only supports DM6.
It is mentioned! It's in "urre_wbuse.qc"... That's what i call "information hiding"! LOL :lol:

ps: thanks Urre, for the info about green bananas
pps: yes, i like to read things :P
#EOP
Urre

Post by Urre »

Glad to see people checking out the bot! I've released a minor update at the booth, which should have the getting stuck part fixed, along with other updates.

Good point there, I should note the fact that it only supports dm6 at the moment.
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

Very cool. I tried it for a little while. They pulled some navigation moves that you would never expect from a waypoint bot, for example weaving through the things that hold up the stairs in the little room with the teleporter and the green armour on the stairs.

They seemed feasable. A little simplistic otherwise, but their pathfinding works great :)
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
Urre

Post by Urre »

Glad to see you liked them too Sajt. They truly are very simple beings, it's the navigation that looks cool.

I'm obviously constantly improving them. The next update will take a while longer, I want to add more serious features before releasing another update.

WayBoxEdit will get an update sooner than UrreBots.