Charlie

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
leileilol

Charlie

Post by leileilol »

i should not be here
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Make those gib effects richer, (as in, use more darker reds to add depth and texture to the splats, so as not to make it so ketchupy) and I'll be very pleased with that.

That is a sweet shotgun model btw... Very Blood. Did you make that ?
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

scar3crow wrote:That is a sweet shotgun model btw... Very Blood. Did you make that ?
No but I will make a replacement soon, for now i'm just scavenging models until I replace them with my own.
i should not be here
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Ah, where is its origin then? I love that style of shotgun.

But seriously, make the red "richer" and "deeper" in its texture... cause that is motionwise an awesome gibbing. I bet itd look awesome with some modded engine effects like in DP... but iirc you do most of your stuff in a very software friendly low end pc friendly manner.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

scar3crow wrote:Ah, where is its origin then? I love that style of shotgun.
Final Quake: Real

http://www.planetgargoyle.com/lostmods/fqreal.zip
i should not be here
Harb

Post by Harb »

I love the gore effect... it'd look sweeter if it was a bit darker tho like scar3crow says.
><)))'>
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

I'll tweak the sprites next version, and have an all new weapon:

i should not be here
Tei

Post by Tei »

will be a nice model if you are good enough to draw a nice skin.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

SOME CHANGE OF CHARLIES PLANS!

1 - Fists - BEAT PEOPLE UP. You can inflict some real physical pain with this. Special moves may be added.

2 - Pistol - will be automatic and take half a shotgun shell. You'll only start with this in deathmatch, otherwise you find it in single player from other mooks and pistols in the level.

3 - Shotgun - this will be the sawed-off weapon with two firing modes.

4 - Submachinegun - Lightweight, and compact, and only need one hand to hold. It can be wield in akimbo with two for double the firepower. Secondary trigger fires it "Gangter" mode for a strict horizontally wide spread.

5 - Assault Rifle - High-caliber, comes complete with a "Solution #39" tear gas grenade launcher to incapacitate your foes.

6 - Megamite or Meganade - Explosive with multiple detonation modes.
a. Regular "grenade", tosses and blows like Quake. 1 rocket.
b. Pipebomb, or remote detonation mode. Detonation is done on death or by going to the Fist weapon and hitting second trigger.
c. Tripbomb mode. Casts a "laser" on a wall until triggered and explodes.
d. Smoke mode. Unleashes a sphere of concealing smoke.

7 - Napalm Launcher - Same functions as planned (flamethrower and rockets)

8 - Plasma Gun - Same functions as planned. Primary charges a plasma bolt, secondary unleashes sticky plasma grenades.

9 - Railgun - A high-tech cannon slugging slugs through straight lines of people. A good crowd
pleaser.

0 - Sniper Rifle - Used for sniping! Slightly stronger than the railgun, but the sniper rifle only works with head shots. Does not go through people either. If you wear armor, then you are not lucky as this sucker pierces through it. If you wear RED armor though, you are completely invulnerable to sniper shots except for the head.

MONSTTER PLANS:

monster_army = A standard pistol mook with 50 health, real easy to kill. They can also throw grenades.

monster_dog = A pistol mook with the ability to dodge stuff. 50 health but has armor.

monster_enforcer = A submachinegun-armed soldier. Not a mook. 120 health, so take 'em down quick.

monster_wizard = Gargoyle. Already done. No armor.

OTHER FEATURE PLANS:

Armored monsters.

Armor impact hits - when you're shot in the belly with armor, a spark should be created with a metally ricochet sound (no stock quake sound here). This won't be just a novelty effect - in Charlie, armor is vital, and this form of hit indication will be just as vital too.

Some sort of "stunt" system, letting you perform wild jumps of all sorts by hitting jump again in the air

vwep, yes i'm actually thinking of shoving vwep in. Luckily since i'm also reanimating monsters and players this should be no prob with vwep on winquake up to darkplaces.

Additional weapon bobbing and drawing animations.

Reloading, maybe. I find reloading a nuisance personally

Once CSQC actually works with charlie EVERYTHING WILL SPAM IN IT. Excessive blood decals and splats, excessive bulletcases, and an excessive amount of bulletholes. I'm crazy so

PLOT:

It is 2X05 A.D. on Earth.

You are Charlie. You are the one.

Mad computer virus attacking pentagon. Al Qaeda firing weapons of mass destruction. Forces of hell taking over the earth. Bus to explode if it drops it's set minimum speed limit. Communism taking over Canexico. Dick Clark died.

You are Charlie and you must GO SOLVE WORLD PROBLEM !!
i should not be here
Wazat

Post by Wazat »

Cheapy and I chatted about this earlier and it looks to be pretty fun.
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work.
Tei

Post by Tei »

CheapAlert wrote:SOME CHANGE OF CHARLIES PLANS!

1 - Fists - BEAT PEOPLE UP. You can inflict some real physical pain with this. Special moves may be added.

2 - Pistol - will be automatic and take half a shotgun shell. You'll only start with this in deathmatch, otherwise you find it in single player from other mooks and pistols in the level.

3 - Shotgun - this will be the sawed-off weapon with two firing modes.

4 - Submachinegun - Lightweight, and compact, and only need one hand to hold. It can be wield in akimbo with two for double the firepower. Secondary trigger fires it "Gangter" mode for a strict horizontally wide spread.

5 - Assault Rifle - High-caliber, comes complete with a "Solution #39" tear gas grenade launcher to incapacitate your foes.

6 - Megamite or Meganade - Explosive with multiple detonation modes.
a. Regular "grenade", tosses and blows like Quake. 1 rocket.
b. Pipebomb, or remote detonation mode. Detonation is done on death or by going to the Fist weapon and hitting second trigger.
c. Tripbomb mode. Casts a "laser" on a wall until triggered and explodes.
d. Smoke mode. Unleashes a sphere of concealing smoke.

7 - Napalm Launcher - Same functions as planned (flamethrower and rockets)

8 - Plasma Gun - Same functions as planned. Primary charges a plasma bolt, secondary unleashes sticky plasma grenades.

9 - Railgun - A high-tech cannon slugging slugs through straight lines of people. A good crowd
pleaser.

0 - Sniper Rifle - Used for sniping! Slightly stronger than the railgun, but the sniper rifle only works with head shots. Does not go through people either. If you wear armor, then you are not lucky as this sucker pierces through it. If you wear RED armor though, you are completely invulnerable to sniper shots except for the head.

MONSTTER PLANS:

monster_army = A standard pistol mook with 50 health, real easy to kill. They can also throw grenades.

monster_dog = A pistol mook with the ability to dodge stuff. 50 health but has armor.

monster_enforcer = A submachinegun-armed soldier. Not a mook. 120 health, so take 'em down quick.

monster_wizard = Gargoyle. Already done. No armor.

OTHER FEATURE PLANS:

Armored monsters.

Armor impact hits - when you're shot in the belly with armor, a spark should be created with a metally ricochet sound (no stock quake sound here). This won't be just a novelty effect - in Charlie, armor is vital, and this form of hit indication will be just as vital too.

Some sort of "stunt" system, letting you perform wild jumps of all sorts by hitting jump again in the air

vwep, yes i'm actually thinking of shoving vwep in. Luckily since i'm also reanimating monsters and players this should be no prob with vwep on winquake up to darkplaces.

Additional weapon bobbing and drawing animations.

Reloading, maybe. I find reloading a nuisance personally

Once CSQC actually works with charlie EVERYTHING WILL SPAM IN IT. Excessive blood decals and splats, excessive bulletcases, and an excessive amount of bulletholes. I'm crazy so

PLOT:

It is 2X05 A.D. on Earth.

You are Charlie. You are the one.

Mad computer virus attacking pentagon. Al Qaeda firing weapons of mass destruction. Forces of hell taking over the earth. Bus to explode if it drops it's set minimum speed limit. Communism taking over Canexico. Dick Clark died.

You are Charlie and you must GO SOLVE WORLD PROBLEM !!
Total bullshit. Where its the "suspension of belief" here?, shotgun with two firing mores?? WTFF!!!
Wazat

Post by Wazat »

?
I imagine you're joking, especially since you quoted a full page of text for a one-line reply. ;)
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work.
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

And just in case he wasn't:

Fire modes can include:
Single barrel
Dual Barrel
Explosive Shells

And so much more >=D
Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh »

What i like more in this mod is the history! SUPERB! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: