QuakeSrc.org Tutorials, The Return Of ...

Post tutorials on how to do certain tasks within game or engine code here.
Baker

QuakeSrc.org Tutorials, The Return Of ...

Post by Baker »

Old tutorials link: QuakeSrc.org Tutorials

Here is a .rar of all the tutorial .html files of the above (download .rar containing all the tutorial .html files)

I did several mass search and replaces to remove the archive.org funky changes to the .html.

This includes none of the tutorials posted in the forums themselves :( Those are not in archive.org
revelator

Post by revelator »

ouch :( but good job non the less will be handy for the community.

thanks a lot :)
Stroggos

Post by Stroggos »

is there a way to download the tutorial files sometimes needed? like in the MP3 tutorial
MeTcHsteekle

Post by MeTcHsteekle »

there is link on post, also i believe you can save web pages [like work offline button or something]
bah
Stroggos

Post by Stroggos »

i have found some of the original downloads. Most are missing though. But the sources(e.g. Q1Source and hexen2 source) are easy to find.
Old 3d Downloads QSG Downloads
madf0x

Re: QuakeSrc.org Tutorials, The Return Of ...

Post by madf0x »

A bit surprised, as all links seemed to be death.
In the past I have collected some of the tutorials, but I'm a noob as html concerns, so I gathered them with screenshots.
Now it seems of value as a lot of the quake1 info leaches away, while my intrest only grows.
So I started digging in my archive to find some of these tutorials, but with a hundred cd's it's a needle in a haystack.

I know not many people visit this site anymore and I wondered how it has come all these values have gone lost.
AIcafe gone, and it seems only a few people concern about these coding files.
Maybe most of you have so much coding knowledge it doesn't matter anymore.
Strange to see my old computer gives another speck of this site then the win7 I use now.
Some posts don't come through and I'm half broken regaining my password again.

What is happening aside these range of login problems and haijacking entries?
Is it just me or is the search bot idiot and spam policy grown out of its propotions.

After giving up my intentions to find something back of the codes I discovered an old link on my mobile.
It is outdated, but the link to Inside3D still gave me access to the tutorial files!
Asthonished I found most of all data still intact and wondered how this was possible.
Even the wayback machine had dropped all files so I'm collecting what I can do obtain all data.

I know I can't think of an explanation of this strange attitude of the net, but whatever.
I'm planning to collect as much as I can and hope to reorder most of the tutorials that once were.
It may be a cripple screenshot catalog, but for me it's still of great importance to experiment with the qc code.
For now I'm ripping my archive to find back what has left, because not all links do work.

:cool:
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

madf0x wrote:A bit surprised, as all links seemed to be death.
In the past I have collected some of the tutorials, but I'm a noob as html concerns, so I gathered them with screenshots.
Now it seems of value as a lot of the quake1 info leaches away, while my intrest only grows.
So I started digging in my archive to find some of these tutorials, but with a hundred cd's it's a needle in a haystack.

I know not many people visit this site anymore and I wondered how it has come all these values have gone lost.
AIcafe gone, and it seems only a few people concern about these coding files.
Maybe most of you have so much coding knowledge it doesn't matter anymore.
Strange to see my old computer gives another speck of this site then the win7 I use now.
Some posts don't come through and I'm half broken regaining my password again.

What is happening aside these range of login problems and haijacking entries?
Is it just me or is the search bot idiot and spam policy grown out of its propotions.

After giving up my intentions to find something back of the codes I discovered an old link on my mobile.
It is outdated, but the link to Inside3D still gave me access to the tutorial files!
Asthonished I found most of all data still intact and wondered how this was possible.
Even the wayback machine had dropped all files so I'm collecting what I can do obtain all data.

I know I can't think of an explanation of this strange attitude of the net, but whatever.
I'm planning to collect as much as I can and hope to reorder most of the tutorials that once were.
It may be a cripple screenshot catalog, but for me it's still of great importance to experiment with the qc code.
For now I'm ripping my archive to find back what has left, because not all links do work.

:cool:
Regarding AI Cafe: I am away from my computer during this week, but I have a backup residing under my QSTUFF folder if interested. It´s pure gold for the QuakeC n00b like I am used to be.

Pretty much agree about how things just vanish from the interwebs. :(
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
madf0x

Post by madf0x »

I copied all files from the Inside3D Tutorial section to Quaketastic.
I couldn't catch them on html, so I made screenshots of them.
You can find them in the Quaketastic/Models/New Tutorial.

http://www.quaketastic.com/?dir=files/models

I thought this source is too valuable to get lost.

:wink: