What are you working on?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
toneddu2000

Re: What are you working on?

Post by toneddu2000 »

the 19th of December, my first commercial game, Meadow Fun!! will be released on Steam. Of course, proudly made with FTE :biggrin:
A HUGE thanks go to Spike for his great great help and to to have listen to all my whinings! :lol:
And of course a big thank you to all the InsideQc(3d) folks that helped me and that just started an interesting discussion, like revelator, frag.machine, Baker, Nahuel...

Image Image

Image Image

It has been designed as a game for kids, but, on Hard Mode could be a quick fun even for grown-up men!
Ideal as game played in family. Mouse (automatic and manual), keyboard, gamepad, and Steam Controller supported.
Only for Windows

Meadow Fun!! Site

Steam Page
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
Barnes

Post by Barnes »

very nicest shots)
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

Thank you Barnes! In the Steam page there's also a video that shows gameplay
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Congratulations! It looks great, you have a good reason to be proud of your work. :biggrin:
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

thank you frag.machine! Actually the pride was about using the FTEQW game engine! :lol: But, I must say, I tried to do my best! And, considering I had to do all by myself, I'm quite happy how it came out! :biggrin:
Nahuel

Post by Nahuel »

toneddu2000
awesome screenshots!!
art looks amazing, it's hard to know it's FTE (I would have said it was Unity or Godot)
Excellent!
hi, I am nahuel, I love quake and qc.
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

Thank you Nahuel!! That really means a lot! :biggrin:
I owe you a lot, because the first help I received on this forum (well, actually it was inside3d but whatever) it was yours(something about read a Quake entity in map iirc)! :biggrin:
revelator

Post by revelator »

Looks great m8 :) good work.
Productivity is a state of mind.
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

Thanks revelator! Appreciated! :biggrin:
pitchatan

Post by pitchatan »

Not been doing a whole lot as of late, but here is some stuff i worked on over the year, all made with FTE.

Buffer,Interpolation demo/showcase
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n88blvCLmY
Made to demonstrate the effects of client/server side interpolation and buffers, as well as how various velocities will affect prediction as well as velocity based extrapolation.

Cake Quampions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFiaf6CPK0E
Got tired of Quake Champions netcode implementation (and various balance/gameplay issues) and set out to make a quick prototype to showcase how the game "should feel".
I have since a month back just shoved everything into a bin and set it on fire as i got fed up with it as well as QC (the work is gone, deleted.. there are some "older" versions floating around but i don´t have them), map was taken from QL just to showcase gameplay.
Wish i had recorded more of my work to show off, but i guess some cpma esque gameplay should is better than nothing.

Mostly finished features:
  • All various physics types from QC implemented (with easy cvar tweaking).
  • Could use both serverside / clientside hit registration for pretty much everything with server optional client fallbacks (within ping/pl thresholds)
  • Extended serverside antilag (takes animation states, angles etc into consideration.. all needed for bone based hit detection)
  • Optional prediction and extrapolation for pretty much everything (teleporters, projectiles etc, including predicted movement etc)
  • Designed around fixed client/server tickrate for bandwidth effeciancy (with option to use higher tickrates ofcourse)
  • Template based Hero/Champion system with an extremely simple script system for abilities and their cooldown/active durations.
  • Mostly working CEF/HTML5 based UI (extremely barebones though).

At some point i am probably going to sit down and remake this just to have an opensource alternative down the road for when/if Quake Champions closes down.

Either way, Merry Christmas! :^
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

Wow, very very interesting stuff, pitchatan! The interpolation demo is very interesting to me, since I never dived into FTE net code. Will it be relased as open source one day?

regarding Cake Quampions:
just to be clear: are you using Quake Champions map in FTE? Because if it so, it's INCREDIBLE!!
I'd really merge your work with mine for craFTEr, I'm pretty sure it could be a good mixture! :biggrin:

Merry Christmas to you and thanks for the great videos as gift! :biggrin:
Shpuld

Post by Shpuld »

Very cool toneddu2000, congrats on getting the game done!

pitcahtan: cool stuff as always, any plans for what to do next?
JasonX

Post by JasonX »

pitchatan, I never knew that FTE was capable to netcode this good. Is this your own work, in QC, or was it built into the engine? That's impressive!
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

toneddu2000 wrote:Wow, very very interesting stuff, pitchatan! The interpolation demo is very interesting to me, since I never dived into FTE net code. Will it be relased as open source one day?

regarding Cake Quampions:
just to be clear: are you using Quake Champions map in FTE? Because if it so, it's INCREDIBLE!!
He said that "map was taken from QL just to showcase gameplay", where "QL" is QuakeLive.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
Barnes

Post by Barnes »

redraw fonts
Image Image