What are you working on?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Electro

What are you working on?

Post by Electro »

I know that the timing for this is pretty off, with the Quake Expo 2008 being just around the corner. However we could all possibly draw from each others stuff to get inspiration and motivation to strive even harder for our works in the next month or so (for people working on things for the expo).

Doesn't need to be a once of post, just throw up maybe even a screenshot and quick one liner describing what's going on (if needed) to spark some interest from others.
If your stuff is absolutely hush hush for the expo, don't worry there's no pressure for needing to post.

I think this thread should be a sticky (I don't have control over this though), and something that we can just continuously keep posting to.

Strut your stuff peeps!
Benjamin Darling
http://www.bendarling.net/

Reflex - In development competitive arena fps combining modern tech with the speed, precision and freedom of 90's shooters.
http://www.reflexfps.net/
Electro

Post by Electro »

Personally I have some stuff I'm working on for the expo but it's not anywhere near being able to be shown yet (even as a work in progress phase). Maybe others do though ;)

I'm eager to see what people have to show.
Benjamin Darling

Reflex - In development competitive arena fps combining modern tech with the speed, precision and freedom of 90's shooters.
CocoT

Post by CocoT »

I have four mods on the table for the moment, on which I work from time to time. In order of current "focus" :

1) Transloquake - I have been mapping for it in the last two weeks or so, also adding bonuses, thinking about deathmatch modes, sketching future maps, looking into making better models for the next release.
2) [No name] - A mini-mod for QExpo. Not much, but I'd rather keep it a surprise. It involves mainly some coding and mapping.
3) SpaceWalk - I have been looking into "fixing" the release, taking into account people's remarks about it. 'Been kinda lazy about it, though.
4) InfraRed - I worked a lot on it a few months ago, but haven't touched it since then. The coding "core" of the mod is mostly there, but I need to harcode all lasers and other entities info for a couple of maps, which is going to take quite a lot of time and which I haven't had the courage to do yet...

and...
5) UQC 1.5 - I said I'd never touch it again but... there's one extra game mode that was coded a little while ago and was never released, as well as another one that is almost done, so I think it'd be nice to add them to the mod and make it the final-final version of this mod... Here, too, all I need is a little courage...

Otherwise, I've been coding little tests on and off and have a couple of ideas for future mods. I'm trying not to spend too much time on that, though, as I want the four mods above to still remain my focus for a little while.

---

A little pic for GiffE:

(Semi-new picture of Transloquake's in-game editor)
Last edited by CocoT on Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Neurotic Conversions - New location: Update your bookmarks!
GiffE

[56k Warning]

Post by GiffE »

Hey, I'm pretty new btw and never introduced myself, so I will do so here along dumping some of the stuff I've been working on for the several weeks.
I'm GiffE, I'm 17 living in Connecticut, USA, and have been modding games for the last (almost) 4 years. I am proficient in C/C++, and have been learning qc. Although I've only recently discovered it, about a year or 2 ago, I really love DP, and quake modding. QC is easy enough to learn and flexible enough to do just what you want. Unfortunately, I enjoy realism games, but I can enjoy a good fast paced shooter every now and again. I hope to contribute some to this community, who is quite a dedicated group.

This is all for DP:
Working on a CSQC menu system (currently being used to select a weapon/attachments)
Video's here (3rd one down is the latest):
http://giffe-bin.net/media.php?type=2
basically it makes a menu (on command) and lets the user select his weapon and what other things he wants. I also did all the HUD stuff in csqc.

I rewrote the viewmodel system (actually the entire weapon system) to allow me to adjust the viewmodels's angle based on how much hes turned. This also allows me to use tag's to put on attachments, make nice muzzle flashes etc. (As seen in the 1st video)

I made precache's load from a file (as seen in the other thread) and all weapon's have their properties stored in mini-script files to allow editting of them.

on the 4th I did practiced a lil modeling/texturing making a machete
Which I'll put in game soon enough. (I'm not much of a modeler so bare with me, only my second model) Might also rig them in TF2 just for the hell of it :D

Right now I think i'm going to start doing some AI. (I'm hoping all of this will be going towards a coop mod)

I also spent a weekend coding my website (its all php and mysql powered, which is another thing I'm skilled at hehe) which I actively upload and blog about all the work I've done at the time:
giffe-bin.net

-Gif
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

..Well GiffE... I'm just looking through all your media and pictures of your works in progress on your web space... :shock: Very nice stuff your showing.. :D
Tomaz

Post by Tomaz »

I aint working on anything!
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

I'm working on QSR. Since theres already a workable beta up right now, and most of what I'm doing with it is currently gameplay related, I won't post a screenshot. (Unless I get a map ready before expo, in which case I'll post a few.)

I can't promise that I'll have some QSR specific maps ready for it by expo time, but I can definately promise that single player for the id1 episodes WILL be ready for sure. (And most likely feature a few worthwhile enhancements.)
RenegadeC

Post by RenegadeC »

I'm not working on anything at all ... for the moment.
Labman

Post by Labman »

I'm working on a neural network api for QC.
Urre

Post by Urre »

Lab: I remember you working on that a good ol' while ago... Still the same project? Would be neat to see it in action, perhaps even an extension builtin for DP ;)
I was once a Quake modder
Labman

Post by Labman »

Yes I was working on it a while ago but I stopped for an age and just started working on it again. It should be able to drop into any engine when its done.
Electro

Post by Electro »

Time to inject another pic into this thread methinks.

It's a work in progress for a mod/game that hasn't even started development! Hell this is the ONLY thing of any kind that has been done for it... I made it for something else but might as well use it as a FPS character ;)

TOO MUCH TEXT, pic time.

Cool stuff people are posting here, I want to see more!
Benjamin Darling

Labman

Post by Labman »

Oooo looks interesting!
Error
InsideQC Staff

Post by Error »

Realms of Quake. that is all

The Red Pill was halted by my love for Realms.
Urre

Post by Urre »

Looking forward to Realms, seems real cool what I've heard about it so far!

Electro: Cool! Love the gorilla-like forearms, always wanted to see a character have that. Look forward to see it textured too :)
I was once a Quake modder