Prydon Modelling

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
Chillo

Post by Chillo »

the falchion
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

I really like the hilt! Heck, and the blade, and the guard thing whatever it's called
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
Chillo

Post by Chillo »

http://www.inside3d.com/chillo/prydon/npcs.rar

This file includes the fem.mdl and guy.mdl reworked models for prydon. All the animations are complete, but they still are skinless.
However, they do have the skin mesh on them, and so all I need is some people to make skins for them.

These are the Image
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

I should give it a go, low res paletted skins are fun

edit1: 1000x500 skin?
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
Urre

Post by Urre »

Downsize it? :P

Chillo: you really should look into making lower res skinmaps (that still look good)
I was once a Quake modder
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

I'll have a crack at some skins.
Apathy Now!
Rodinius

Post by Rodinius »

Id just like to ask this is all Qme your using right?? now in the tutorial i tried to do the skinning a rocket but it came out crap!!! Is it possible if somebody could do screen dumps of step by step creation of a skin texture please within Qme. Or if there is another method (I can use photoshop and corel essentials also for painting)
Rodinius

Post by Rodinius »

Rodinius wrote:Id just like to ask this is all Qme your using right?? now in the tutorial i tried to do the skinning a rocket but it came out crap!!! Is it possible if somebody could do screen dumps of step by step creation of a skin texture please within Qme. Or if there is another method (I can use photoshop and corel essentials also for painting)
I mean from right after modelling the model the whole process to getting it looking finalised (if its not too much trouble for anybody)

:D :D :D
Rodinius

Post by Rodinius »

One more thing, what's prydon.........
Entar

Post by Entar »

Rodinius wrote:One more thing, what's prydon.........
Prydon Gate is a quake mod by FrikaC -- Prydon Gate is a hack and slash action adventure role playing game similar in game play to some giants in the history of games such as Diablo. You can find the website here: http://www.inside3d.com/prydongate/

... /me points Rodinius to the edit button...
Chillo

Post by Chillo »

Rodinius wrote:
Rodinius wrote:Id just like to ask this is all Qme your using right?? now in the tutorial i tried to do the skinning a rocket but it came out crap!!! Is it possible if somebody could do screen dumps of step by step creation of a skin texture please within Qme. Or if there is another method (I can use photoshop and corel essentials also for painting)
I mean from right after modelling the model the whole process to getting it looking finalised (if its not too much trouble for anybody)

After you're done creating the model's skin mesh, and the wireframe is all set up where you want it, there's only a couple programs that i use on top of qme's crappy skin editor.

The most important one is Wally http://www.telefragged.com/wally/
Wally has some incredible features all within Quake's 8 bit pallette, where you can have some pretty nice looking skins pumped out from it.

After that, i use MS-Paint to clean up the skin, or do some pasting, in order to make the skin look as symmetrical (cheating?) as possible.

I stay away from corel or photoshop because converting 24-bit images to Quake's 8 bit pallette has disgusting results, and I love Wally because it all takes place in an 8 bit pallette.
Rodinius

Post by Rodinius »

Chillo wrote:
Rodinius wrote:

After you're done creating the model's skin mesh, and the wireframe is all set up where you want it, there's only a couple programs that i use on top of qme's crappy skin editor.

The most important one is Wally http://www.telefragged.com/wally/
Wally has some incredible features all within Quake's 8 bit pallette, where you can have some pretty nice looking skins pumped out from it.

After that, i use MS-Paint to clean up the skin, or do some pasting, in order to make the skin look as symmetrical (cheating?) as possible.

I stay away from corel or photoshop because converting 24-bit images to Quake's 8 bit pallette has disgusting results, and I love Wally because it all takes place in an 8 bit pallette.
thanks man, I dunno if yiu saw your message, i mean i tried to do that i just couldnt find the actual place to download, is it ok if you could type the direct spot where i can download it if its not much bother (sorry for being new and retarded :roll: )
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

Here's a quick attempt at a guy.mdl skin...

http://elf.planetquake.gamespy.com/guy.rar

Apathy Now!
Rodinius

Post by Rodinius »

about my earlier post.... Forget i said anything ok? I found somewhere :oops:
Entar

Post by Entar »

MauveBib wrote:Here's a quick attempt at a guy.mdl skin...
I like everything about it, with the exception of the face - he looks... retarded.

EDIT: And the hands look like he doesn't have any anymore, like they were amputated...