Qustion about begin

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
sevenx

Post by sevenx »

Thank you, in compile process i have 15 warnings....is it normal ?
And i can't find progs.dat in pak0.pak . I see only folder,which name "progs" and other folders, but i don't see progs.dat.
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

The 15 warnings is normal, yes (when using FTEQCC).

Progs.dat isn't usually stored in the pak0.pak file. Compiling the QuakeC generates progs.dat, and progs.dat should end up in the mod's directory. (The first line of progs.src specifies where progs.dat is generated.)
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
sevenx

Post by sevenx »

Okey, i have questions.
1) Where i can use progs.dat ? Or why i need to compiled it ?
2) You said that , the first line of progs.src specifies where progs.dat is generated. But in folder i have progdefs.h (not progs.src) and compile is normally , but i don't understand why i haven't progs.src...
3) I can't run executable file,because it need gfx.wad . What i need to do , that i can run game .

Answer me,please.
negke

facepalm

Post by negke »

You gotta be kidding.
Have you ever even played Quake??? Let alone created any kind of custom content for a game? This has fail written all over it.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

You are wasting everyone's time by not trying to figure out basic questions on your own.

A simple search for "quakec tutorial" could have found you http://forums.inside3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=1286

Don't be a leech please.
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
sevenx

Post by sevenx »

Thank you, but about gfx.wad i don't understand where i can download it...
Okey,thank for links.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Re-read this thread and follow the directions people gave you.
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
sevenx

Post by sevenx »

i create sub-directory with name "ID1" ,then i put in this folder a pak0.pak and try to run glquake.exe , and i see next error
"You must have the registered version to use modified games" , i understand that i need a pak1.pak .But, can i run glquake without a pak1.pak ? If i don't want buy quake .
Baker

Post by Baker »

Download shareware Quake. Any efforts to really help you will fail if you do not have shareware Quake. Both the engine and the QuakeC source are heavily geared towards Quake game data.

Now, you can change that.

But you sure aren't gonna be able to change that if you can't even run the engine nor run the progs.dat game logic to even see what it does.
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
sevenx

Post by sevenx »

I have shareware Quake.
But , understand me, i want to run my compiled glquake ....
And when i run it , i have an error, which i wrote top .
mh

Post by mh »

Search in the Quake source for that error, find the function where it happens, read the function and understand why it happens (your cryptography background should help a little here) and do what's required to stop it from happening.
We had the power, we had the space, we had a sense of time and place
We knew the words, we knew the score, we knew what we were fighting for
Mad John

Hey

Post by Mad John »

Sorry for the late reply i was checking out some posts....in this forum and some few others.I am 18 years old i have been playing quake 3 almost everytime on my phone....and I saw alot of mods on moddb.com for quake-1.I love super duper quake and some of the mods are qwprogs.dat [just a simple question/dumb one] can quake world play normal progs.dat?

and i got this error if i make a map too big...alloc (8) what does it stand for? been searching for it on google..and func_msg need help!
I also got this problem if i insert too much .wad/.hlwad the worldcraft doesn't compile
sevenx

Post by sevenx »

mh, are you have bought quake ? Or you have shareware quake ?
mh

Post by mh »

sevenx wrote:mh, are you have bought quake ? Or you have shareware quake ?
I've bought Quake (twice) but I also like to test things with Shareware Quake too.

Seriously, I'm not going to give you step-by-step precise instructions for what to do. Not because I'm mean but because I want you to start learning things for yourself. I want to help you to help yourself. This is a good starting point. It's not difficult to fix it and you'll learn a little about the engine by figuring it out yourself.
We had the power, we had the space, we had a sense of time and place
We knew the words, we knew the score, we knew what we were fighting for
sevenx

Post by sevenx »

you say "I also like to test things with Shareware Quake too. "

This means ,that you can run glquake , yes ?

I have a shareware quake,also. and i can't run it with pak0.pak....
And how you run your shareware quake ? Can explain ?