Cobalt Runner

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
gnounc

Post by gnounc »

Downsider, I know I read that somewhere you put this down, any chance of it getting picked back up?
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Yeah, the gameplay snippets looked awesome, maybe you could restart as a regular (PC, maybe Darkplaces) mod and later port it to PSP...
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

yeah.. cant believe you dropped this was a good idea and looked like it would be a fun game/mod.
Downsider

Post by Downsider »

I need to focus on school a lot, lot more. While it's true I'm pretty bored of the project in general and probably won't be continuing or restarting it any time soon (And if I did, it would not be on a mobile platform and would probably be on my own engine, or with the UDK) but my schoolwork really needs attention. I've got the second highest score on standardized testing in my class and even pulled a perfect score on the math section, but my actual in class grades don't show any correlation to that at all. I'm pulling C's and shit, not really sure why, but a definite contributing factor is homework, and some kids around me who are icredibly dull are managing with A's. Grade inflation at it's best.
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Oh, too bad. But you're right, you need to focus on school. First things first. Good luck with your grades!
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
gnounc

any chance of a source release?

Post by gnounc »

If you've still got the files hanging around, and you dont have any plans for them, would you mind giving us something to play with?
A source release perhaps?

I know I'm not the only one dissappointed that I havent been able to play cobalt runner.
Error
InsideQC Staff

Post by Error »

seconded. I wanna play around with it.
daemonicky

Post by daemonicky »

I made player able to grab ledge http://forums.inside3d.com/viewtopic.ph ... lt+mirrors . Ledge was checked by two tracelines near each other / one has to be inside a wall and other not inside wall to detect ledge. You just need to add animations :) ...

Jumping off wall ... you can check you are next to wall by traceline to side when jumping ...

Sommersault is just rotation of view.
Think, touch, movetype, solid, traceline ...