Prydon Modelling

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

Rodinius wrote:
CheapAlert wrote:you're fired
ive seen this person give so many rude remarks to people but at the same time i havent seen him once do a screen dump from his personal archive of work to show to this thread, why can't you show everybody here your work???
I think he was refering to the fact that my second skin has a resemblance to Donald Trump, though knowing cheapy I wouldnt be surprised either way.

And please don't ask him for a dump of his work. The last thing I want to see is more gargoyle penis.
Apathy Now!
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

Apathy Now!
Chillo

Post by Chillo »

Thanks Mauve!

Hey Error, do you still have that scythe model? May I use it?
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

Apathy Now!
Chillo

Post by Chillo »

oh shit i need to fix that model...she looks like a gladiator.

nevertheless, i love the skin! can you make another one less..um..provocative? Curig is freezing cold.
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

Yeah, she has some pretty damn beefy arms!

Yeah, I'm gonna do more skins, that was my "barmaid" one.
Apathy Now!
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

"barmaid"/"linebacker" for the Curig Cutlasses... :lol:

Nice skin...
Urre

Post by Urre »

I seriously like most of your work Chillo, but both the female and male model are absolutely awful! Give them as much love as Ithael, please I beg you! They are not good, they have weird protruding polygons at the knees, are insanely badly proportioned, and lower poly than my fingernail. Seeing all the awesome weapons, shields, Ithael and whatnot, I think you should be ashamed to not make those characters as good, considering you see them all the time in the towns. The point was to make them better looking, not just new almost equally bad versions, and then have Mauve spend time making skins for them. No offense man, but those are not great. You can model, show it!

Keep up the great work!
I was once a Quake modder
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

Earlier I could've said that it's pointless to remodel if they're still going to be blocky, but that will just raise more pointless i3d deadhorsebeateryinfighting.
i should not be here
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

How's this for less provocative?

http://elf.planetquake.gamespy.com/fem.rar

Yeah, there are some problems with the models, but they are still a thousand times better than the old ones. Seriously, do you remember the old guy.mdl? The guy with the tiny cube for a head?

Euch.

These ones look reasonable ingame, unlike the old ones.
Apathy Now!
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

Chillo wrote:Urre: In QME, there's a feature where you can create number of frames, and then generate extra frames between them automatically. It's awesome.
Wait...

You guys didn't know that? I've been using it for years. Animating in QME would be a total bitch without it!

Had I known you guys didn't know about that I'd have pointed it out!

Wow that was a clunky sentence.
Apathy Now!
Chillo

Post by Chillo »

Urre: I need to discuss improving the models with you, otherwise i will probably lose interest if i think that some of the models suck, i won't feel right about it. so i'll have to go back and work on it before i can work on anything else. AIM me at ChiloMonkey. Don't you have AIM?
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

MauveBib wrote: Wait...

You guys didn't know that? I've been using it for years. Animating in QME would be a total bitch without it!

Had I known you guys didn't know about that I'd have pointed it out!
I myself didn't know. Though considering how obfuscated accessing the feature is, it's understandable how most wouldn't know. (hint: you've gotta rig up separate objects as mock bones, assign them vertexes, then finally assign what pivot types they have via rather obscure designations such as TX, TY, TZ, RX, etc. in the "edit object pivots" control panel)
Urre

Post by Urre »

Chillo: I've quit using AIM, since I had very few contacts on it. You're free to contact me on MSN though, using imunreal2001 at h4wtmail dot com. Either that or hang more on IRC, and we might bump into eachother.

About the models, they just struck me as hasty mockups, and considering the quality of the Ithael model, I wouldn't be surprised if they were. You do generally great work, I just hoped you could look into proportions and slight more detail on those two models.
I was once a Quake modder
Error
InsideQC Staff

Post by Error »

Chillo wrote:Hey Error, do you still have that scythe model? May I use it?
yes, meet me on IRC sometime, and I shall give to you... I liked the scythe you made more though. the one in Prydon