ColdHeat

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

i should not be here
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

Now that is a bit of a stretch.
SusanMDK

Post by SusanMDK »

Yea, I'm quite aware of about every other ColdHeat stuff there are around. I also googled for some alternative names like Fire & Ice, IceFire, CoolHeat... all so common... :roll:
zbang!
Kell

Post by Kell »

jim wrote:I also googled for some alternative names like Fire & Ice, IceFire, CoolHeat... all so common...
Then how about "Lukewarm Water" ? ;)
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

Using the name is fine so long as there's a soldering tool somewhere in the game.
CocoT

Post by CocoT »

Wow, I love those screenshots! As Urre said, it's really cool to see someone work on a project with this scope and see it progress so well! :)
Neurotic Conversions - New location: Update your bookmarks!
SusanMDK

Post by SusanMDK »

I made some new texture set, this I made only in 2d and I noticed it was so much faster to do than doing it first 3d model... It's some concrete.

zoom in...

Yea, I could have some soldering tool in it.. This is sort of a remake of my old mod for Doomsday Engine and it had some ion torch that was meant for welding stuff... but in a game we just burn others with such things :twisted:
zbang!
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

Anyway, it looks damn good.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

Can you take some FOV 90 or 80 shots? those viewmodels look puny with skinny hands and small guns being held out like that not really exaggerating good weapon feedback.
i should not be here
Urre

Post by Urre »

I thought Epic were the only kind of fascists who use fov 80... Possibly also Dice, not sure.

Anyway, jimmyboi, cool stuff! But I need to point something out: is there any kind of info about what sort of game this is, and where it's headed, what's planned and so forth, or have you not yet decided, and basicly making stuff up as you go? Or have I completely missed something?
I was once a Quake modder
SusanMDK

Post by SusanMDK »

I'm having 110.

Or I could just show the hand and weapon models? At least while waiting for new shots...

Hands
EMP Needle Pistol
Bi and Tri-Grenades (not in game)

About my plans. Yes, I have plans. Like I mentioned earlier, this is sort a remake of my old mod... With this remake I don't plan to have the same exact maps done better or any other resources. However this will have some similarities to it. I could say this is remake in same kind of way as Doom 3 was to Doom.

The story shortly.. "The hero has been captured into some post nuclear war hidden bio research centre inside a not so hidden bio research centre. The place was originally meant for reserching new technology to erase the nuclear war effects, but then someone with too much power decided to do something else too.

Later their plans go wrong, something happens and all their experiments escape from their cells. This includes the hero. The hero's escape is delayed, since they had pumped some drugs into him/her. So while sleeping, all others are having lots of fun.

After couple hours of strangely undisturbed sleep, the hero wakes up into an alarm sound and a place full of chaos. Soon he/she finds out, he/she doesn't remeber anything, except some basic stuff like walking, talking..."

The map I've been doing right now is not very planned, just testing how my new textures look like. I've just done it on the fly. Maybe it will become as some deathmatch map. Right now it would fit some two to four players very nicely (I think I'll try it tomorrow on lan at school).

Later I intend to plan them more carefully and first on some paper. At least all the single player maps I should do that way.

My plans also include that this would become a stand alone game, so all you need to get is the engine and this game data stuff. I'll make some website someday too, possibly when I release some demo, which hopefully is so complete it's already stand alone.
zbang!
RenegadeC

Post by RenegadeC »

Looking forward to this, keep it up.
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

Awesome. Just keep your design in check, keep it modest and don't let big new features creep in during development... I really want to see this finished :)

BTW the images don't work :(
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
SusanMDK

Post by SusanMDK »

Yea, I better do that, that older mod never become 100% ready, since bigger new features crawled in... Also I have sort of limited time to do this. This is for school end work and I think it should be ready sometime in the start of next april. I think around that time, the demo can be ready. I plan to continue it after that, to get it fully ready.

Mm... the images work for me, maybe the host has been offline sometime? Try again later?
zbang!
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2007 ... e-eff.html

Looks like nature took your mod's name first!