Speed Mod Instructions, Jan 15th, 2005.

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Harb

Speed Mod Instructions, Jan 15th, 2005.

Post by Harb »

Sorry it's so late, I had some trouble with the compiling of the 'resources' of this speedmod.

24 Hour Speedmod, 15th of January 2005

Coders, Your task (Should you choose to accept it) it to make a QC mod in 24 hours or less based on the level in the .zip named H_SPEED1.BSP.

Scattered thoughtout the level you will find entities with the classnames of 'speedent1', 'speedent2, 'speedent3' and 'speedent4'. There are roughly 16 each of 1,2&3, and about 8 of 4.

Your task is to build a fun mod using this level in 24 hours or less.

Every entity in your mod must be derived from these four basic entity sets, and you are free to build whatever game type you want to, in either NQ or QW, SP, COOP or DM.

Other than that, the only entity supplied is a single info_player_start, which you can use to view the level, but you may not use it in the final QC mod!

The map file is here: www.planetquake.com/elf/h_speed1.zip

Kick ass everyone!

- Harb
><)))'>
Harb

Post by Harb »

Oh yeah, the map supplied is BETA, the final release map will have more 'finished' architecture and a better vis level (So don't be concerned if it runs slowly atm, I had to fastvis in order to get it released ASAP), but the entities will remain the same.

When your mod is complete, upload it and email me at irish_meadow@hotmail.com so I can compile them all together on website.
><)))'>
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

Beep beep
Checking out now
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

Any restrictions, or preferences, as to singleplayer/multiplayer?

Also, can we haxor the walltorches into some other behaviour, hard-QC spawn ents, etc?
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
Harb

Post by Harb »

You can make walltorches shoot at you if you like.

You can hardspawn extra ents if you like.

Gametype can be whatever you want, SP/MP, NQ/QW, the only restrictions are that you use the map provided, and you don't use the info_player_start that is provided for viewing purposes.

If the game mode is meant to be MP, then it might be an idea to add bots for replayability, tho any MP mode releases will get a complete playtesting by the #qc crew I'm sure.

My only preference as far as the mods go is I'd like to see someone find a creative use for the fish.mdl, since they're my preciousesss... but that's not an actual requirement.
><)))'>
Harb

Post by Harb »

Also, #speedmod on Gamesurge.net is open for business ;-)

EDIT:

I've been informed there's a clipping issue with the curvy corridors in the map, rest assured it'll be fixed for the full version.
><)))'>
Harb

Post by Harb »

I've updated the map to bugfix / finish the architecture, this is the version that will recieve a full-vis treatment for when the mods are released.

Same download location as before :
www.planetquake.com/elf/h_speed1.zip
><)))'>
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

I don't think I'm gonna finish in time, so I'll just submit my entry under "Turtles".

BTW, LOVE the map Harb :D
Harb

Post by Harb »

Thanks for the positive comments about my map Doctor... I may be releasing it as a standalone Deathmatch (Havn't released one of those since the '03 expo)

As far as the timelimit goes, just post it in the releases thread whenever you finish... iirc when Mauve ran a speedmod it was 3 months before the last one was released :shock:
><)))'>