- I started working on my game The Wastes in April 2015, it released in April 2018.
- I started FreeCS (then known as OpenCS) in November 2016, while working on TW I started to share bits of code between them.
- I knew that they should probably share a unified code base for the most part.
- I knew there was gonna be other games/mods that people might want to build on top of that SDK/Platform if it proves to be viable.
- Thus Nuclide was born!
General feature overview:
- SDK in the spirit of 'id Tech' development environments
- Client-side predicted movement, predicted weapons and vehicle systems
- Implementations of well known, established entity classes as seen in popular and critically acclaimed games
- Reference implementations for a lot of features exlusive to the FTEQW engine
- Designed to be familar to developers who are used to GoldSrc and Source engine project workflows
- Everything written from scratch with the modern QuakeC language advancements in mind
Main Project: https://code.idtech.space/vera/nuclide, https://github.com/veravisions/nuclide
Some projects built using Nuclide:
The Wastes - A Post-Apocalyptic First Person Shooter
FreeHL - A port of Half-Life to QuakeC, GitHub mirror
FreeCS - A port of Counter-Strike 1.5 to QuakeC, GitHub mirror
FreeGunman - A port of Gunman Chronicles to QuakeC, GitHub mirror