What are you working on?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Eukara

Re: What are you working on?

Post by Eukara »

revelator wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:52 am blinks... woot.
nice job m8 :D

retired from the game coding scene years back when this site went boom, i still do some supportive work in the opensource community (Msys2) from time to time supplying patches and general help with getting things to run.

But good to see this site up and about again :biggrin:
Awesome! MSYS2 is a great project.
revelator

Post by revelator »

:biggrin: it is indeed, and thx.
Productivity is a state of mind.
SusanMDK

Post by SusanMDK »

Scaly demons, maybe changing the legs later to be normal humanoid legs, their walk animation looks kinda strange, alternative would be to make them walk on all 4 limbs and only raise up like this when attacking. They use the human size hitbox but with the FL_MONSTER flag to make them sort of bigger.

Tudor style textures, kinda slow to use if alterating the shapes like this. Normal map a little wrong with the beams not "bumping up", fixing later maybe. Planning to focus on making more textures and levels, polishing stuff later. Could maybe also update the palette, but only update the palette in the glsl shader (which wouldn't need to have a quake palette layout).
zbang!
mankrip

Post by mankrip »

Susan, those monsters are great! Looks perfect for an indie game.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Oh hey, hello there.

Still tinkering with Quake (FTEQW) just for fun, as a hobby.
Nice to see some of the old guard back.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

frag.machine wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:39 pm Oh hey, hello there.

Still tinkering with Quake (FTEQW) just for fun, as a hobby.
Nice to see some of the old guard back.
... and, of course, happy to see new blood in the community, too. :)
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
Teiman

Post by Teiman »

Hi!,

I am building a vampired mod. With a cool map with day/night cycle and (hopefully) cartonified graphics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AispizufH94

Is awesome to be here again. This is like home :D
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Teiman wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:46 pm Hi!,

I am building a vampired mod. With a cool map with day/night cycle and (hopefully) cartonified graphics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AispizufH94

Is awesome to be here again. This is like home :D
Hi, Tei! Nice idea for a mod. What engine are you using ?
Teiman

Post by Teiman »

I have made the map so big it only runs on FTE, but so far I don't have any feature that really demand a particular engine.
I may even "fold" the map so the coords are safe for other engines.

I did tried to add FTE shaders, but is a hard topic, learned a lot and can't even do a "hello world" yet.
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Teiman wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:55 am I have made the map so big it only runs on FTE, but so far I don't have any feature that really demand a particular engine.

I did tried to add FTE shaders, but is a hard topic, learned a lot and can't even do a "hello world" yet.
Heh, I've been playing with FTE for a good time, although I admit being slow to adopt all the fancy bells and whistles. Just some basic CSQC (mostly HUD/menus customization) and shader scripts mostly. I've been using the Q3A shader manual as reference and so far got things working. Never tried shader fragments, I think they're overkill for my use cases.
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

There are tons of examples to learn from, but yeah it is not quite as easy as q3a shaders.
Teiman wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:55 am I have made the map so big it only runs on FTE, but so far I don't have any feature that really demand a particular engine.

Eukara

Post by Eukara »

A month ago I started work on a Nuclide-lite, that works in standard Quake (including DOS Quake).

It's still in the boilerplate phase, but that's what I've been working on besides the usual stuff.
It will be very class heavy and hopefully point out any issues we have with fteqcc and supporting the old engines with advanced features.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

I worked a bit on the new Quaddicted, with hashes instead of filenames as identifiers on Postgres, JSONB, flask, Discourse, jinja2. It's looking good! If only I had more time for it.
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
Poorchop

Post by Poorchop »

I don't know that it's accurate to say that I'm working on anything but before I signed my soul away to work, I had started a few maps that I probably wouldn't have ever finished.

I wanted to ensure that this particular map would end up looking good so in order to get more comfortable with the texture set, I started making a DM map. I didn't get very far but it would've been a pretty lousy map anyway. Turns out that making a good DM map means taking a lot of things into consideration like the flow, lines of sights, and vertical space. Making a relatively flat square room doesn't make for a good map.

I'm still hopeful that I'll be able to finish these maps some day but I think that my stint with mapping is over.
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

Looks pretty good though.