SnapTiles - Tile Based Quake Map Maker

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Baker

SnapTiles - Tile Based Quake Map Maker

Post by Baker »

http://quakeone.com/snaptiles
Video: Brief YouTube Video

Bridges, teleporters, doors, ceiling fans, lights, crates ... provided prefabs.

Prefabs made in J.A.C.K. or TrenchBroom can also be used in SnapTiles (.map version 220 required, J.A.C.K. uses this by default).
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
toneddu2000

Re: SnapTiles - Tile Based Quake Map Maker

Post by toneddu2000 »

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. Compliments Baker. I'd like to see an editing video, btw
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
Baker

Post by Baker »

toneddu2000 wrote:Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. Compliments Baker. I'd like to see an editing video, btw
Tried to make the editor interesting.

Ironically, I cannot really think of a good use for it. Although the speed of putting together a map is unrivaled.
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

Baker wrote:Tried to make the editor interesting.
Which editor? Is SnapTiles part of a bigger project? Or is it THE editor?
Baker wrote:Ironically, I cannot really think of a good use for it. Although the speed of putting together a map is unrivaled.
Well, it's well known that nowadays kids are lazy seaten on the couch playing(or better saying, watching) videogames..you could do a "Snapmap" version of SnapTiles using console controls! :biggrin:
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
Baker

Post by Baker »

toneddu2000 wrote:Is SnapTiles part of a bigger project?
I don't have any other plans to do something with or it or anything.
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Interesting work Baker. Makes me wonder about the idea of a engine with built in editor to generate random maps on the fly, during intermissions... are you releasing the sources ?
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
Baker

Post by Baker »

frag.machine wrote:Interesting work Baker. Makes me wonder about the idea of a engine with built in editor to generate random maps on the fly, during intermissions... are you releasing the sources ?
I did once make a Mark V with txqbsp built-in as an experiment so engine with built-in map compiler is completely possible. I haven't made any decisions on the source release except that I would revisit in the future (maybe in a year) and if this actually gets used for something ...