[C&P Tutorial] Weapon System Overhaul

Need help with a tutorial found on InsideQC.com? Post here.
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Re: [C&P Tutorial] Weapon System Overhaul

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

dr_mabuse wrote:Nice one, but before i use this i have a question:
What is the exact limit for "Vanilla Quakes" weapons?
10 weapons or 11 weapons total?
11 (requires modification to megahealth code so that you can free up IT_SUPERHEALTH and you need to add another IT_ flag with the value of 8388608), though you could technically squeeze out 13 if you didn't mind using the icons for gold / silver keys. (this would require modification of any code that relates to the gold / silver keys.)
drm_wayne

Post by drm_wayne »

ooppee wrote:http://www.sendspace.com/file/uo17t8

Here's a example of his weapon tut put to use quite heavily. 25 weapons. The 25th was added with a work around - doing this I discovered you can have 168 "different" weapons if you wanted! (and for them to appear on the HUD - CAN be more if you include the IT_AXE and other IT_ values open) It'd be more of alt ammo weapons though. You'd use the IT_ values to do the ammo, and the IT3 would be the weapons. Once a IT_ is earned, it's earned for all IT3's you have and also pick up later. So why I say it'd be for alt ammo weapons mainly.

Tutorial would have to be updated as we did find some bugs. Your tutorial worked great for 2 slot weapons, but once you got into those 3,4,5th weapon in a single slot - came some issues and then the whole ammo checking (same slot weapons with different ammo types). This is just a weapons test. Huge thanks to ShadowBorg for this. I'd find a bug, report it. He'd either do a rewrite of the area or just tell me what I need to do to fix it.
Can you reupload this?

I want to use the new weaponsystem, but i cant get it to work..
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

hey so i just tried implementing this and i got it to compile... but i get like 90 warnings or something. is this normal? -nvm this

i was messing around with this and i moved the new weapon code to impulse 2 instead of 3 and it doesnt work.. like if i pick up any other weapon it just replaces it with the weapon i picked up. not understanding whats wrong (is it because my player doesnt actually have a shotgun in his inventory?) -nvm i got it working i did all but one step!