What are you working on?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Julius

Re: What are you working on?

Post by Julius »

Error wrote:Sadly, I still haven't found a reliable way to take good videos... so I'll have to look more into that.
Maybe: https://sourceforge.net/p/fteqw/code/HE ... apture.txt

Looks like a cool start though!
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

This could be another option if you're on Windows 10. Also Fraps demo.
On Linux I noticed that this is quite cool (I tried and some of the videos on my Youtube channel have been recorded with that software)
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
Barnes

Post by Barnes »

multimonitor support (tnx to Berserker)

c0burn

Post by c0burn »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iooijPc7dbY

Still working on my revamped AI, monsters can now use waypoints that have a jump flag set. They won't hesitate to jump down and smash you up.
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Nice... I´d suggest, for a bit more realistic behavior, adding the pain animation when they fall from higher points (maybe randomly so players can't count always on this during combat).

It's interesting how a game that basically brought actual 3D combat don't have a more 3D-aware AI. Heck, even Quake 2 was full of dumb monsters trying to lob grenades against you when you were in higher ground.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

Crafter - realtime game editor for FTE engine

Project page

Youtube video

Happy holidays guys! :biggrin:
Barnes

Post by Barnes »

very interesting level editor)
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

Thanks Barnes! I'll try to keep update the project page
qbism

Post by qbism »

Good video on the editor. Will it be for making entire levels, or sandbox inside large open maps? Building as part of gameplay sounds interesting. Either way it looks fun!
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

qbism wrote:Good video on the editor. Will it be for making entire levels, or sandbox inside large open maps?
Thanks, qbism! Unfortunately, to make it work like sandbox editor, lighting system in FTE should be totally changed and I don't think Spike will do it soon, so I consider it (if I fix some problems with translate gizmo) a good alternative to radiant for small levels with dynamic lights and for ones who want to test in realtime their maps without recompiling

A good "killer application" could be the observer mode, where designers decide AI behaviours with a click but, right now, I don't know how to implement it
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

If you're on Linux then Simple Screen Recorder is easy to use and works great. OBS Studio is also free, Linux, Mac, Windows, fairly easy to use and works great.

If you use darkplaces, it's very easy to record a quake demo and then using DP it can be captured/converted to an OGV(Theora video) file with Vorbis audio. In the console minus the quotes type, "cl_capturevideo 1; playdemo yourdemo" to play yourdemo.

Sit back and watch it slowly record until your demo is finished it will drop to the console and the video capture will automagically stop. During the capture of the demo inside DP the FPS will be low, but the finished video file plays at normal quake speeds for me at least under Linux with an Intel Core i5-3570K @4.2Ghz with 32Gb of ram. I've done 10 to 15 minute demos at most so far. Might be best to do this for small demos only, but you could do longer ones. The video file will be saved into, "video/dpvideo001.ogv" of whatever quake mod you were playing in darkplaces. If no mod used the video would be in id1/video/dpvideo001.ogv.

Whatever engine you use it's easy to just record regular quake demos to be played back whenever and recorded using video capture software like I mentioned in the beginning of this post. I've noticed much less lag when recording that way.
Error wrote:Sadly, I still haven't found a reliable way to take good videos... so I'll have to look more into that.
I look forward to trying your mod someday. Maybe I can get my six year old son to play as he does play other mods like Qreate and Dodgeball with me from time to time.
Barnes

Post by Barnes »

try to use nvidia api (get num of gpu's)

qbism

Post by qbism »

Barnes wrote:try to use nvidia api (get num of gpu's)
Cool, plus a detailed list of hardware specifications and OS. This is great for diagnosing user issues.
Barnes

Post by Barnes »

qbism wrote:
Barnes wrote:try to use nvidia api (get num of gpu's)
Cool, plus a detailed list of hardware specifications and OS. This is great for diagnosing user issues.
Yea) It is very comfortable
litte updade - get per gpu temperature :mrgreen:

frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

A small gameplay footage from my current WIP, Battle Mage Quake:

https://youtu.be/Rj0dKJ3hIac

It's a stealth-oriented single player mod, inspired by the In the Shadows mod by sock, and also uses (and abuses of) some of the great Arcane Dimensions assets (another fine work from our friends at Func_MsgBoard). I'll release another video soon, showing more features that sets it a bit apart from ITS, gameplay wise (hint: it goes a bit more the Hexen/Heretic way). Right know I just finished the first map and the base gameplay. Next, some CSQC UI. Mod is Darkplaces primarily, but I'll test it against FTEQW to evaluate the effort of supporting both engines. Contrary to most of other stuff I started, this is fairly complete and may even see a public release... when it's done(tm). :)
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)