What are you working on?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
hondobondo

Re: What are you working on?

Post by hondobondo »

frag.machine wrote:This is a WIP map designed for SDQ and intended to be finished in time for QExpo, but... let's say that real life truly sucks sometimes.
OTOH without the schedule pressure I was able to add more details and a couple secret areas, yay.

i need this ↑
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

BTW, this screenshot was taken in SDQ 3.2. Why did you removed AGAIN the DN3D monsters from SQD3.3 ? Someone from HRP harassing you again ?
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
c0burn

Post by c0burn »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soOCbGHQgFU

Tonights experiment with sidescrolling
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

so nice c0burn! csqc? Or engine modification?
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
c0burn

Post by c0burn »

toneddu2000 wrote:so nice c0burn! csqc? Or engine modification?
Neither! It's possible in normal quake but it's very hacky.
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

c0burn wrote:Neither! It's possible in normal quake but it's very hacky.
Wow! Great work then! :)
Barnes

Post by Barnes »

skin shader with detail normal maping

toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

@Barnes: wow!
Seven

Post by Seven »

Hello,
I am working on a "corpse decomposing" effect. Still work in progress:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJHGbdNNOEA

Each monster type leaves a unique thing/item behind, so you can still see where a monster and which monster died. :smile:

Slight modified effect can also be used for other game situations... there may be several possibilities.
Thread at quakeone: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod-re ... -wind.html
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

As always, great work Seven! I admire your particle work on DP. Is it DP, right? No chances you'll use also FTE in the future?
I'd need a mentor who teach me how to use particle in FTE! :)
How did you accomplished the particles following mesh shape? It's awesome! Keep up the great work!
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Everyone who already played any Wolfenstein game knows the nazis had access either to mystical or plain alien technology. So I figured this would be a good idea for a new Quake boss: the Nazi Flying Saucer. It's a work in progress, so please forgive the torrent of bprint's and the lack of actual SS soldiers (for now).
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
Jay Dolan

Post by Jay Dolan »

Nice, I love these Q1 mods :)

Here's yet another update on ObjectivelyMVC / Quetoo's new menus:

Recent features:

* Introduction of TableView and CollectionView for tabular and grid data presentation
* Both TableView and CollectionView embed a ScrollView, which allows scrolling of content within the superview's frame
* Both TableView and CollectionView employ dataSource and delegate protocols to make wiring them up to any data set straightforward. No subclassing.
* Ability for views to clip their subviews and prevent overdraw via glScissor
* NavigationViewController for managing the presentation of numerous child ViewControllers

https://github.com/jdolan/ObjectivelyMVC
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

@frag.machine: it's a nice enemy, plus I like rotation movements. May I suggest to add a little hovering effect? I think it could add realism to the model

@Jay Dolan: every new screenshot I like this project more! I'd love to see this implemented on FTEQW engine. TableView is awesome! :) Great great work!
mankrip

Post by mankrip »

Seven: LOL @ the dogs' teeth!

frag.machine: Funny one, reminds me of the Metal Slug games.

As for me, gamma-corrected color blending:

This is what 8-bit color translucency usually looks like. The scene in this screenshot is a worst case scenario.

Now, the same scene with brightness-correct & color-correct lighting, color-correct & gamma-correct translucency, gamma-correct per-pixel dithered quantization on mipmaps, and soft-depth transparency on blended liquids (the "glass" in this map actually uses a flat-colored liquid texture, which is why it's also rendered with soft-depth transparency).

Gamma correction on color blending makes the resulting image more smooth and colorful, avoiding saturation losses across different hues. This is actual gamma correction, based on the gamma scaling techniques implemented on computer monitor hardware. Here's a practical explanation. I've also studied a lot of other links with deeper information on this, and may write an article about it someday.

This was how it looked without gamma correction. The colors were more dull (as in the example from the link above), and less smooth (as can be seen in the wall at the right side of the image).
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Spike

Post by Spike »

I've now got a local version of fteqcc that can read in an existing progs.dat, and can then compile additional qc functions directly into it, without needing to decompile it.
I need to work some more on the wrapping syntax, but I already have a version of frikbot that can be statically applied to existing mods (if it wasn't for me getting it to use spawnclient etc, it would work in any engine), without needing access to the original code (assuming its still close enough to vanilla anyway).

this could also be used to add custom particle emitters into existing mods or whatever.

essentually a cross-engine qcc-based version of fte_multiprogs.
I just need to make it a bit more user friemdly or something...