What are you working on?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
CocoT

Re: What are you working on?

Post by CocoT »

"Controlled randomization" features for the next Transloquake demo.

Neurotic Conversions - New location: Update your bookmarks!
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

Nice! Another demo coming...
CocoT wrote:"Controlled randomization" features for the next Transloquake demo.

xaGe

Post by xaGe »

I've been collaborating with friends making a deathmatch map for fun and practice in TrenchBroom 2 Alpha. Simple enough map, but definitely fun mapping. Majority of the brush work done by SpecialBomb and I've added a few _surface lights, fixes and trap changes playing with different ideas.

A short video of the reactor coolant trap working as it is now.
http://youtu.be/gxLrFKg7SiM
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

@xaGe: I like "V shape" opening a lot! Very sexy! :biggrin: Also lighting seems well balanced. Water on the ground it's very cool too.

@CocoT: I could be very interested in your work if it can be randomized in realtime. Can you tell us more?
PS: <<Personal note>> Did you PM'd me? Because your message has been deleted before I could read it. Re-PM me! :biggrin:
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

Thank you kindly. The "V" was all me! I thought it would be great if you could see who actived the trap or have the satisfaction of watching the victim die. Map looks pretty much the same in darkplaces or quakespasm minus the pretty water.

toneddu2000 wrote:@xaGe: I like "V shape" opening a lot! Very sexy! :biggrin: Also lighting seems well balanced. Water on the ground it's very cool too.

@CocoT I also got a Pm from you that you deleted.. Strange. ^_^ Let me know if you needed something.

@CocoT: Did you PM'd me? Because your message has been deleted before I could read it. Re-PM me! :biggrin:
Barnes

Post by Barnes »

custom roughness and better specular maps (Oren-Nayar diffuse + GGX specular)
Imageimage share
CocoT

Post by CocoT »

@xage : Yes! Couple of code changes, a couple of maps. I can't wait to see your stuff, too! :)

@toneddu2000 : I called it "controlled" because it is basically a way to move things around the map a little without a lot of coding involved. Mappers can enter information about the extend to which they want things (like platforms) to be randomly placed within a range (x,y,z), or use different ways to limit the amount of platforms... etc. Still working on it, but the results are kind of cool and definitely make maps that use it feel fresh and more challenging :)

Latest screenie:

Neurotic Conversions - New location: Update your bookmarks!
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

Loving the latest screenshot!
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

@Barnes: love new speculars! It's just a texture work or engine supports new specular lighting?
@CocoT: what a majestic entrance! :) I'd add a portal under the skeleton(like arch or something). Death window texture made by you? If so, great job! Very artistic!
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

The death horseman texture is from Hexen II IIRC.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
Barnes

Post by Barnes »

toneddu2000 wrote:@Barnes: love new speculars! It's just a texture work or engine supports new specular lighting?
Its new lighting model - Oren-Nayar with GGX Specular
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

Barnes wrote:Its new lighting model - Oren-Nayar with GGX Specular
Wow! :shock: As far as I remember, Oren-Nayar well suited for materials like fabric, so you should put like a carpet (with changing material, like velvet) and see if it's cool. I think it would be very cool!
Compliments Barnes! I love yours and hogsy's work on your respective engines! Maybe your problem (I think I already said that once) is that you should use contemporary assets (high poly scenes, modern textures, modern glsl shaders, etc.) to show real power of your engine! Keep up te great work!
Barnes

Post by Barnes »

toneddu2000 wrote:
Barnes wrote:Its new lighting model - Oren-Nayar with GGX Specular
Wow! :shock: As far as I remember, Oren-Nayar well suited for materials like fabric, so you should put like a carpet (with changing material, like velvet) and see if it's cool. I think it would be very cool!
Compliments Barnes! I love yours and hogsy's work on your respective engines! Maybe your problem (I think I already said that once) is that you should use contemporary assets (high poly scenes, modern textures, modern glsl shaders, etc.) to show real power of your engine! Keep up te great work!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oren%E2%8 ... ance_model
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

Thanks Barnes, interesting lecture!
Barnes

Post by Barnes »

toneddu2000 wrote:Thanks Barnes, interesting lecture!
Full re-skin for player models. Less 5 minutes per model. Create form original skins.