[Katana][Alpha] Decay: Tempus

The home for dedicated threads to specific projects, be they mods, tools, or independent games.
hogsy

Re: [Katana][Alpha] OpenKatana

Post by hogsy »

Thanks to Sly for producing the excellent concept-art for this weapon (which we'll hopefully show soon). This is a model that Marco has been working based upon that concept art, and all the other weapons will eventually have the same treatment.

This is still being heavily worked upon but I wanted to let you guys know how things are going.

Ignore the environment, it's just a small level that we use for ensuring that additional functionality to the tools/renderer doesn't end up breaking anything.
qbism

Post by qbism »

I like the style. Futuristic without going over-the-top with color and gizmos. Looks functional.
Spiney

Post by Spiney »

Agree, nice colors and shapes :)
mankrip

Post by mankrip »

It looks good, like a mix of Samus' weapon from Metroid Prime with the Q3A machinegun in the front. But to me it doesn't look like something Romero would design... although I only played the first episode/timeline of Daikatana so far.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
hogsy

Post by hogsy »

mankrip wrote:it doesn't look like something Romero would design...
We're not interested in producing something Romero would design, otherwise there would be the AIDS research centre, Christmas themed bonus levels inspired by Super Mario 64 and a bunch of other silly nonsense, just to name a few of the design ideas he wrote down for Daikatana. *shivers*
mankrip

Post by mankrip »

:lol: Good answer.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
hogsy

Post by hogsy »

Any chance an admin could change the subject to "[Katana][Alpha] Decay: Tempus" ?
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Re: [Katana][Alpha] Decay: Tempus

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

Done. Note however that the edit button does actually still exist, but is simply "hidden" (it can usually be found right above a given post, around the region right of the post subject) due to lack of an icon or something. Tomaz mentioned something about it being worked on, but that was some weeks back...
hogsy

Post by hogsy »

Some preview shots of near-ish the starting area in SavageX's E1M1A. This is work-in-progress.
Baker

Post by Baker »

I think it is pretty cool all the stuff you make.

You are definitely one of the most talented to come along.

Selfishly possibly --- I hope that at some point you end up releasing something (I also thought this about goldenboy's stuff) just because it is cool ...

But everyone has their own motivations.
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
hogsy

Post by hogsy »

As it stands the project is in limbo. I'm still actively working on the engine but there's very little motivation for me or the others on the team to contribute to the game anymore with the limited time we have until we find someone interested in taking over for modelling.
Baker

Post by Baker »

hogsy wrote:As it stands the project is in limbo. I'm still actively working on the engine but there's very little motivation for me or the others on the team to contribute to the game anymore with the limited time we have until we find someone interested in taking over for modelling.
Time is that elusive thing that sometimes gives and sometimes takes. Especially for a team project.
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

if i were more skilled/had more time myself. id contribute.. =(
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

what kind of modeling do you need?
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine