What are you working on?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Shpuld

Re: What are you working on?

Post by Shpuld »

Oh man, last thing I was expecting was the grammar police.

Also I hope the theme will be better this year so I can do something more interesting this time, last time was kinda horrible.
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

he really changed it...he really changed it! These forums are kinda awesome! :lol:
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
SusanMDK

Post by SusanMDK »

Reminds me I needs new headphones. My newest ones brkokenedds.. and my onlder oneses were maid by a persson who hats heads. If Ie ware þese for loong tim Iget 2 grooove in my head!

I was testing my bow: http://www.moddb.com/games/tigercake/videos/dragon-bow
It feels like a weapon that player could have at start of the game. Functions sort of like the Dispersion Pistol from Unearl. Hold attack button for more powerful shot. Maybe a bit overkill for a start weapon at the moment with explosion on every bounce.
zbang!
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

jim dat looks cool!
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

supercool jim!
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Doing some minor housekeeping in the Quake Wiki I noticed http://quakewiki.org/wiki/CODER4
Tei's QuakeC editing tool he lovingly coded for himself and ended up sharing with the rest of the community...
Never heard of it, haven't got it, no hits on the internet. Any info?
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

I've got Tei on Facebook, I'll ping him about it when I can.

Also, I got a json error when I followed the link. Could just be my phone though.
...and all around me was the chaos of battle and the reek of running blood.... and for the first time in my life I knew true happiness.
SusanMDK

Post by SusanMDK »

I get the error too.

Was testing ways to improve player's melee: http://www.moddb.com/games/tigercake/videos/jump-attack
The jump attack is certainly better than basic melee, but it's no match for ranged weapons. It's better for moving around and evasion. The grappling hook was meant to be this movement thing though. Could make another player character with different set of weapons, and it would start with "grappling claws", and the current character start with "pouncematic claws".
zbang!
Shpuld

Post by Shpuld »

For anyone checking out this thread this weekend, my stream is live at http://www.twitch.tv/shpuld if anyone wants to watch me bang my had against the wall when not remembering basic stuff.
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

I'm watching you right now, Shpuld! :D We want a new Mobster Massacre! I learned so much from the last one! On my own, I started toying with FTEQW skeletal animations (fteskel project). All code and art (except those listed in the LICENSE_README file, which are not made by me) are released under CC0 license. Hoping it will be of interest for someone. It's just a stub right now and it's full of glitches but I'll try to do better! :)
This evening I should find some time to post a video.
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

Added a video showing my new project, fteskel. I know, ragdolls suck and vweapons tremble. I'm working on it! :lol: Next time I'll try to make a REAL multiplayer video and show skeletal animations and movements (spine bending, sidestep, etc) of other player
mankrip

Post by mankrip »

Cleaning several compiler warnings reminded me of how bad is Quake's input handling code, so I'm rewriting lots of it and also adding support for independent mapping of the numeric keypad plus right-side shift/ctrl/alt/etc. keys, capslock, "logo" (Windows) keys, and so on.

I want to add support for all kinds of keys, and maybe some limited support for non-american keyboard layouts. Quake's limited charset won't allow for much, though, and I don't plan to add support for unicode fonts.

And I gotta do some on-screen shading map filtering experiments to learn how to improve the graphical effect I'm currently working on.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
sock

Restless Rivers of Lava

Post by sock »

Its been a long time since I have posted here, I must confess, inside3d forums sort of dropped off my radar for a while. I have been busy coding a new MOD Arcane Dimensions. I am posting all relevant info/screenshots in one place at the moment, so if you got some spare moments for feedback on the moddb pages, it would be most welcome.
Well he was evil, but he did build a lot of roads. - Gogglor
xaGe

Re: Restless Rivers of Lava

Post by xaGe »

Looks nice!
sock wrote:Its been a long time since I have posted here, I must confess, inside3d forums sort of dropped off my radar for a while. I have been busy coding a new MOD Arcane Dimensions. I am posting all relevant info/screenshots in one place at the moment, so if you got some spare moments for feedback on the moddb pages, it would be most welcome.
mankrip

Post by mankrip »

I'm doing some massive optimizations in a certain drawing code. Literally down to individual bits. And also adding a new feature to it, so the final speed should be about the same.

I can't wait to share some screenshots and a video of it in action.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube