What are you working on?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
ajay

Re: What are you working on?

Post by ajay »

Spike wrote:those lampposts can't be from the UK. there's too many of them. and too many of them are actually working. also they don't have nearly enough random useless signs stuck to them.
HaHa :)
ajay

Post by ajay »

Blog: http://earthquakemod.wordpress.com/2013 ... 4_08_2013/

By the way, I link the blog rather than spam loads of images, like a did on the last page
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

i should not be here
mankrip

Post by mankrip »

CSQC?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

OpenArena 3 menu w/ SGI Software OpenGL running in 8-bit color mode

actually trying to hammer up the renderer to get it to go faster (turning off perspective correction and smooth shading for blended polygons, nearest filter everything etc). while it does wonders for SGI, it hardly means shit to Mesa3D - which is what all those over-entitled "bad performance on BSD" complainers use. :(

I'm really trying to tune my assets, because it's the only way I can experience the horror that is fixed-function overdraw on an exceedingly modern machine...

also i'm trying to hit that 'modern year 2000 games' look with the menu taking inspiration from some PS2 and Dreamcast favorites of that year. Most of them were simple futuristic low-amounts-of-texture, large wide gradient buttons in the center and often abusing the Aero font (because new millenium dood), and some sort of animated moving background. Not sure what i'd do for menu music though..... probably a slow drum & bass / techno track to go with the liquidy background.
i should not be here
Nahuel

Post by Nahuel »

I am glad because i can show some screenshots of the progress of the black days tech demo :)

This is a unique map (untextured yet) to show some qc stuff and gameplay, we need to get some modeller for the team, so i hope the tech demo will promote the game :) !
hi, I am nahuel, I love quake and qc.
goldenboy

Post by goldenboy »

Good stuff Nahuel. What's the tech and formats used?
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

looks like Q3BSP and IQM in Darkplaces to me.
i should not be here
ajay

Post by ajay »

Some wordy rambling and some more photos: http://earthquakemod.wordpress.com/
Chip

Post by Chip »

Looks good, Nahuel, almost Wolfenstein-esque. :)
QuakeWiki
getButterfly - WordPress Support Services
Roo Holidays

Fear not the dark, but what the dark hides.
Seven

Post by Seven »

Hello Nahuel,

So that is why it has become silent around you....
You are sitting day and night in a dark room, working on your wonderful games :D

I am a bit confused by all the different games and their titles you are working in parallel:
- Black days
- Dead Morning
- Hideous
- Waste
You became a busy man Nahuel :P

Nice architecture details and beautiful decoratives you use.
What caught my eye is the HUD.
The first and second symbol is quite clear.
The third is hard to see.
But the fourth ?
Do you also have biblical powers in your game ? Or is it just a body-counter of your killed enemies ;)

Great job !
Nahuel

Post by Nahuel »

Hello, goldenboy, we are using darkplaces, q3bsp and some md3 models, like leilei said also we are using iqm for animated models :)
Seven wrote:Hello Nahuel,

So that is why it has become silent around you....
You are sitting day and night in a dark room, working on your wonderful games :D

I am a bit confused by all the different games and their titles you are working in parallel:
- Black days
- Dead Morning
- Hideous
- Waste
You became a busy man Nahuel :P

Nice architecture details and beautiful decoratives you use.
What caught my eye is the HUD.
The first and second symbol is quite clear.
The third is hard to see.
But the fourth ?
Do you also have biblical powers in your game ? Or is it just a body-counter of your killed enemies ;)

Great job !
Hello seven black days and hideous are the unique active projects that i am working this weeks, dead morning is stopped at the moment because my teammate jero is ill since june, and he will have a surgical intervention in the next week :( I am making hideous (dead morning tech demo slowly and alone at the time ) My skilss in mapping are not so good , I am not the mapper of black days! this work is of Raton, i am programming and making other stuff for the game. The health system of black days is inspired on the monolith blood system :) hahaha is very funny the concept of "biblical power" , i think is something like "spiritual armor" or something like that, but the multiple armor system is currently not implemented, only the classic armor and health. yeah i am very very busy :/ with unversity and job i do not have many free time, "waste" (my darkplaces based mod for quake) is freezed at the time since 2012, i will take it back when finish hideous and the black days tech demo . if you want to check black days news you can visit the profile in moddb or visit the forum
http://blackdays.freeiz.com/index.php
aniway the most active threads are only for the developers !
Nahuel

Post by Nahuel »

mankrip wrote:Looks good indeed. I'm curious about this effect on the window, how did you make it?
http://fotos.subefotos.com/2a43cda9b253 ... fc24fo.jpg
hello mankrip, about the lightbeams , raton uses multiple md3 models with shaders with transparency, "deformvertexes autosprite2" and other stuff.

Aniway i was experimenting about the beams and i get results more concordants with my other projects.
i used a different technich i placed beziers in a function called "func_nonsolidwall" (is the same function for func_wall instead no solid, func_illusionary doesn´t not support alpha values) with a alpha value of 0.03,
and this shader

Code: Select all

textures/beam
{
	surfaceparam nolightmap
        cull disable
	{
		map textures/beam.tga
		blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA
	}

}

if you want the texture https://www.dropbox.com/s/turel7fzjekm2j0/beam.tga
jitspoe

Post by jitspoe »

The light coming through the windows looks nice. Is any of that realtime, or is it all baked?