dont laugh

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
r00k

dont laugh

Post by r00k »

leileilol

Re: dont laugh

Post by leileilol »

i should not be here
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

please don't make a walking penis too

EDIT: also
Last edited by frag.machine on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
Spike

Post by Spike »

mineqraft?
gnounc

Post by gnounc »

Humans must go down the stairs.
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Spike wrote:mineqraft?
More like Minecraft meets TF2, since is class based. Sounds actually pretty fun. Here's a review on RPS.

EDIT: I had a LOLcopter moment on these comments:
RPS Forum wrote: 20/11/2012 at 17:09 Apocalypse 31 says:

It’s miles beyond more original than Call of Duty: Corridor Shooter

20/11/2012 at 17:48 TimEatsApples says:
COD:BLOCKS.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
r00k

Post by r00k »

hhe i was just trying to learn modeling, so i thought id start out basic, if not something people have already done for sheer popularity.
thought dp has cubes for lack of models so this could be a generic "i dont have quake installed" free download... ;)
the size is about 90% of the actual player model which is about 70% of the original bounding box. Im not making a hack nor a detriment.

edit:
looking at that axe, not only do i need to simplify it, but, the angle is all wrong@!
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

i had an idea like what you've posted just the other day. i decided against it but it would be an easy way to replace all of quakes content and people love the block games xD
gnounc

Post by gnounc »

Error probably still has those block weapons we provided him. *shrugs*
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

boxing the quake designs wouldn't be legal as a 'don't have quake' content replacement. You'd have to come up with new concepts for monsters, etc. ... at least have matching archetypes, no one wants to see a zombie tree, or a unicycle gun for an enforcer again.
i should not be here
r00k

Post by r00k »

TRue, I didnt mean the whole game. I was thinking something as a placeholder if they just downloaded an engine and tried to play online.
Which I find kinda odd, and loosly enforced for id, as I see many "mods" with custom skins on a player model included in their distributions.
Did id just shrug and say thats ok it doesnt interfere? In that case should id gpl the player model maybe without the skin at least?
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

I guess you're talking about nquake? That's fishy entirely for the fact it violates the shareware eula by default for using it with any custom content as a desperate measure to revive the dying QW scene.

At least the Doom multiplayer scene respects the limitations of -file with doom1.wad in all of the multiplayer ports.
i should not be here