QExpo11 - "Speed" events?

Talk about the Quake Expo and Quake Speed events.
CocoT

QExpo11 - "Speed" events?

Post by CocoT »

Beside Entar and his Terrain Speedmapping event, are other people interested in hosting/organizing other types of "speed" events?
Will we have a "regular," more oldschool mapping speed challenge?
What about modding? I can take care of hosting one, if you'd like me to, but we're not limited to just one, of course. Also, how long should it last for?
Any other ideas of alternative "speed" events that could be fun (I remember the first QExpo had "speed tutorial writing" and "speed booth babes editing"... those were kind of silly). Would people be interested in "speed modelling"?

What about the "original" speed Quakers, the speed runners? Have they been contacted?
(I couldn't see anything on the SDA (http://speeddemosarchive.com/) forums, but I might have missed it). Any runner on these (I3D's) forums who'd like to spread the news of QExpo11?
Neurotic Conversions - New location: Update your bookmarks!
CocoT

Post by CocoT »

Nobody? :P
Neurotic Conversions - New location: Update your bookmarks!
qbism

Post by qbism »

"Buttons and Triggers and Trains, oh my!" A map/modding event down the yellow-brick road of lateral movitation.

Speed-modeling would be fun.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

i agree with you qbism!
Baker

Post by Baker »

You might hate this idea, but anyway for your consideration ...

I think a number of us have some mapping and experimentation in us, but maybe a less limited and more "free-form" theme might be more successful?

I'd be interested in putting up a neat speed-modding mod that uses some neat mapping and QuakeC, but I have little to no ideas on terrain generation and it isn't really an interest of mine. I mean, I've used terrain generators before including Entars, but ended up with errors come compile time but even if it didn't, I'm not sure what you can do with a canyon.

Maybe as a smaller community that while smaller contains more "super veteran members" as a concentration who has diverse interests ... maybe a more broad-based theme to attract more diverse participation?
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

i'm not the best mapper, but i can map, the terrain you are talking about i know how to make manually and if done right there are no errors. problem with that is it takes too long.