Engoo

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

I prefer this place because it has a tool where I can colored light any map ever without effort
i should not be here
mankrip

Post by mankrip »

I tried to download the sources through TortoiseSVN and the connection has been refused. Not even the repository browser can connect to it.

Am I doing it wrong?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

No. The host went under some critical security upgrades in the past few days so some things haven't been back up
i should not be here
stevenaaus

Post by stevenaaus »

Baker wrote:
MasterSplinter wrote:
leileilol wrote: Spare the unneccessary sugar-coated brownnosing and hype, I didn't do this for attention and accolades, thanks.
tee hee :lol:
Actually it is funny. Too many Christmas parties, too much Egg Nog and holiday glee then kapowie -- I post something rather stupid I only vaguely remember doing and then groan and shake my head. :D Anyways, yeah I don't what I was thinking.
Ha ha Baker ;>

Actually, i wish leileilol's avatar would stfu...

That's so annoying. Everyone knows you have a thing for manga babes with huug boobs , but ... ummm... the rest of us don't. :wink: Congrats on the engine.
leileilol

Re: Engoo

Post by leileilol »

2.16 pre-release is here (DOS version). It's a pre-release, because, well, it's not ready for a full release because of these bugs:

- Dynamic lights are messed up (the shadows are okay though)
- Changing video modes in windows makes the player spin so fast he transcends space and time
- Window scaling doesn't work
- Model Interpolation can not be turned off
- -conwidth doesn't work quite properly
- there is no QSB build right now

Image Image
i should not be here
mh

Post by mh »

leileilol wrote:- Changing video modes in windows makes the player spin so fast he transcends space and time
That's a combination of the mouse re-centering code and the window dimensions not being updated properly for the new mode.
We had the power, we had the space, we had a sense of time and place
We knew the words, we knew the score, we knew what we were fighting for
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

shadows look really nice.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

No full Engoo release this year. PC probs, so can't use MSVC6.

i'd probably install that on a 9x machine though so I can continue with a debugger
i should not be here
revelator

Post by revelator »

If you need it patched to sp5 i got a modifyed version for XP :) Works like a charm after that on XP.
Can even get it to run on vista but thats about the latest OS msvc6 will Work atleast somewhat correctly on. Win7 does something nasty to it :S

Just had the doubtfull joy of reinstalling win2k on an old hp x2100 all updates had to be done by hand as Microsoft has removed nearly all links to updates for it (Windows update is not even working anymore) took me all damn night sheeesh, and ie6 sp1 cant be found anywhere anymore i had to go through my 3000 cd's to find one that still had the full version agh.
Productivity is a state of mind.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

Unpatched MSVC6 works on Windows 7, except for the debugger, in which it can't terminate the build meaning a forced process termination through task manager
i should not be here
revelator

Post by revelator »

Not on the Danish win7 :( unfortunatly. i get an error from the setup routine about locales and then setup crashes.
Productivity is a state of mind.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

Say i'm doing a few alternate HUDs. How, for example, would find unarchived cvars controlling them evil?

i.e. hud_ammo_max_5 200 to show a /200 for weapon 5's ammo counter

tldr: duke hud
i should not be here
qbism

Post by qbism »

VC6 WIN7: XP VM?
I'd cvar hud control so it's probably evil.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

Yeah i'd cvar it too, especially if there's a case of a mod with a dp csqc hud that would use the same cvars.

Also, you know the lookup tables for the gelmap menu background I have? I could reuse them to make idt3-style color parsing for text (i.e. ^1leet^2sniper) or maybe even as on-the-fly sbar coloring

or maybe more lookup tables for amulets&armor-style animated colors parsing for text (i.e. ^017YOU'RE HUNGRY!!!)

I also would be dirty and cvar up the heredukexen inventory system for stuffcmd abuse. i.e. hud_inv4_amount, hud_inv_picked

I have scr_scale cvar being done instead of -conwidth for interactive 2d element scaling, however I have problems with the refdef still. I don't know off the top of my head on what other gl-based engines use to name their cvar for menu/sbar scaling so i'll just call it scr_scale for now. (trying to follow other engines as a guide)

EDIT: I BELIEVE I SOLVED MY REFDEF ISSUES and my mouse issue too! Happy new year!
i should not be here
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

Also, I got andrewj's dither working again as a cvar. It is a bit interesting combined with kernel filtering. The slightly green blurriness reminds me of 3dfx Voodoo DACs

I also dropped the old 15-bit surfmiptables because they seem deprecated/useless/notevenfaster/etc. However I will want to cache the lookup tables with filenames based on checksums of palette.lmp (example, names like c5d2ea.e15, c5d2ea.ead, c5d2ea.esb, c5d2ea.emt, c5d2ea.e18, c5d2ea.dit) to make startup faster
i should not be here