Berserker source code error

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
franqutrass

Berserker source code error

Post by franqutrass »

I have a problem with the Berserker Quake 2 source code when I compile the "engine source code (updated ) you can download of here: http://berserker.quakegate.ru/ (in the engine zip is the source code)" sends me this error "RC : fatal error RC1110: could not open resource.rc" I'm using the Microsoft Visual C + + 2010 Exprerss to compile.
hello
Baker

Re: Berserker source code error

Post by Baker »

franqutrass wrote:I have a problem with the Berserker Quake 2 source code when I compile the "engine source code (updated ) you can download of here: http://berserker.quakegate.ru/ (in the engine zip is the source code)" sends me this error "RC : fatal error RC1110: could not open resource.rc" I'm using the Microsoft Visual C + + 2010 Exprerss to compile.
Ah maybe similar to this issue:

http://forums.inside3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=2920
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
franqutrass

Re: Berserker source code error

Post by franqutrass »

ehh, I think it isn't similar, please help, I'm new at this.
hello
Baker

Post by Baker »

I'd need a direct link to the source. I don't see one on that page and can't read Russia.
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
franqutrass

Post by franqutrass »

OK, here you can download:
(((links removed due to illegal content)))
hello
franqutrass

Post by franqutrass »

Search and already found what I think is the file "resource.rc" of this web page: "http://www.opensc-project.org/scb/brows ... rev=91#L54 " and this "misscrypt.h" of this web page: "http://www.opensc-project.org/scb/brows ... t.h?rev=91" but it just goes compile sends me these errors: "resource.rc(54): error RC2104: undefined keyword or key name: IDS_CHV"
hello
Baker

Post by Baker »

franqutrass wrote:OK, here you can download:
(((links removed due to illegal content)))
Is there a link to just the engine source?

Those 2 links are like 200MB and looks like a game and not an engine source. The download time that site says is 53 minutes.
mh

Post by mh »

More info on this engine port here: http://qexpo.tastyspleen.net/booth.php?id=127

It seems to be one of those that contains a lot of extra media needed to run it.

I personally think that the OP would be better served by tracking down the original authors and contacting them. This is really not a Quake 2 forum, and for the most part those of us who do have experience with Quake 2 have very limited experience. In other words we're not likely to be able to help much, if at all. It's not that we don't want to, it's that we just don't know.

In this particular case it looks like a Visual Studio setup problem. Learning to use tools like Visual Studio before jumping in with code is also highly recommended.
We had the power, we had the space, we had a sense of time and place
We knew the words, we knew the score, we knew what we were fighting for
franqutrass

Post by franqutrass »

The source code comes with the engine, please help.
hello
mh

Post by mh »

OK, long story short.
  • This is not a Quake 2 forum.
  • We don't know the Quake 2 engine
I asked you to contact the original developers of that engine, and you seem to have completely ignored my request. But your problem this time is not related to the engine. You haven't set up your project files correctly.

From here there are two kinds of help you can get.
  • We can help you to help yourself.
  • We can do it for you and you'll learn nothing.
Which kind of help do you want?

Because it honestly seems from this and all of your earlier posts that you want the second kind of help, not the first kind.
  • Very few people are going to be willing to download 200 MB of stuff just to set up some project files correctly for someone who doesn't seem to want to learn how for themselves.
So what is it to be?
We had the power, we had the space, we had a sense of time and place
We knew the words, we knew the score, we knew what we were fighting for
franqutrass

Post by franqutrass »

OK, I'll upload the source code only, but please help
hello
r00k

Post by r00k »

Baker

Post by Baker »

I'll look at the engine source if that is uploaded by itself. I have difficulty imagining it is a complicated problem.
mankrip

Post by mankrip »

mh wrote:OK, long story short.
  • This is not a Quake 2 forum.
  • We don't know the Quake 2 engine
Actually, from what I know Inside3D is supposed to be open to any 3D games, despite being made by people from the Quake community.

One of my ambitions is to mod the Sauerbraten engine someday, and when this happen I'm certain there will be something interesting to post about it here. A lot of the knowledge we have here can be useful in many non-Quake engines.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
franqutrass

Post by franqutrass »

please, you are my only hope, no other active forum like this, please. :cry:
hello