Quake 2 iron sight?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
franqutrass

Quake 2 iron sight?

Post by franqutrass »

Hi, I have another question (I am very inquisitive) how I can add iron sight to Quake 2?
hello
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Add one to your weapon model and add the appropiate animation.
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
franqutrass

Post by franqutrass »

I want you please tell me, what should I add in the source code to add iron sight?
hello
Downsider

Post by Downsider »

Hola. No somos un foro dedicado Quake 2. Nos centramos en Quake 1. No sabemos nada acerca de Quake 2. Si usted está buscando ayuda con respecto a Quake 2, le sugiero que busque en otra parte. Lo sentimos!
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

Mi aerodeslizador está lleno de anguilas.
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

LOL@Sajt! I guess that could be a problem. :D
franqutrass

Post by franqutrass »

:(
hello
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Well, you would need function or animation to raise the weapon before your view and you'd probably also want to decrease the bullet spread (if there are any bullets). Not sure what you are asking? If you want to add some functionality you better know what it should do. Start with a small part of it and work on that.
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
Ranger366

Post by Ranger366 »

Palma45 wrote:Hi franqutrass. Have you found the source code of this? I also want to add iron sight to Quake 2. I'm really addicted to this game. If you know this by now,please tell me. :(
The problem is, we here in the forum help you, but you can't await that we do/code everything you want. We are very busy with out own stuff, just look at the weapon animation code and try to figure it out by yourself. Long time ago i had the same problem, but i learned. Try todo something easier first, but by yourself.
Else you will never get things by yourself done - understand the game logic/engine code and you will see.
franqutrass

Post by franqutrass »

I regret to say that I've failed ,but I think I can get the source code of D-Day Normandy. :wink:
hello
Ranger366

Post by Ranger366 »

franqutrass wrote:I regret to say that I've failed ,but I think I can get the source code of D-Day Normandy. :wink:
Whatever you say pal.
Good luck with porting that little thing.
Nahuel

Post by Nahuel »

Sajt wrote:Mi aerodeslizador está lleno de anguilas.
:shock: My hovercraft is full of eels
hi, I am nahuel, I love quake and qc.