a small gift ;)

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
revelator

a small gift ;)

Post by revelator »

ftp://90.184.233.166:21/codeblocks-ming ... d-6204.msi

my very own compiler use as you see fit :D

includes latest svn build of codeblocks.
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

msi? D: *finger hesitates* Could you not supply a zip?
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
revelator

Post by revelator »

ofc i could just suspected peeps would be happier with an installer :)

and no worries i made this msi myself nothing adverse in it :)
Teiman

Post by Teiman »

this could prove usefull

*secure download*

*tryiing...*

revelator

Post by revelator »

server was offline yesterday had to change a couple of fans :(

should be back now
revelator

Post by revelator »

ftp://90.184.233.166:21/CodeBlocks-mingw.7z

zipped version as requested.

theres some small setup the first time you run either you need to tell it in settings/compiler and debugger/search directories where the include and library files are.

rest is upto preference.

if you want to be able to run the tools from commandline write a batch file and add codeblocks\mingw\bin to the path in it.

then make a shortcut and edit the preferences like this %COMSPEC% /K "compiler path\your batch file"

(or set it globally in environment variables).

it also works with msys if you prefer that.
revelator

Post by revelator »

a few tips before you go off and break your monitor trying to compile quake with this :wink:

the typedefined byte in quake allready exists in my compiler (actually its part of the rpc headers and it will throw an error.

delete typedef unsigned char byte; in common.h and add #include<windows.h>

gas2masm does not work dont even try gas2masm converts the gnu style asm code to masm syntax gcc allready knows the gnu asm syntax though but it cant cope with masm syntax.

might take a bit of work pounding it back to just use the gnu style assembler syntax easiest is to use mh's quakeasm library tbh.

the compiler handles dx code upto dx9 pretty fine (works even with the avi capture code without having to use the ms sdk).

those are pretty much the greatest buggers you might run across besides some optimization settings (do not use cpu optimization the compiler does that automatically).
revelator

Post by revelator »

for some time i suffered some nasty sound problems and to my horror i discovered that it was infact mh's quakeasm.lib causing it so its a nogo atm.

disable the asm code for now if building quake ill try and make a new library compiled on mingw when i get the time.

compiler has gone into release status but theres a few things to remark.

huge projects like wxwidgets cannot be built as monolithic (yet) cause the new gcc-4.5.0 now links inline code directly inside
the object files resulting in huge (upwards of 1 mb) object files causing the linker to run out of memory. non monolithic builds works fine.

this is a rare case fortunatly.
mh

Post by mh »

reckless wrote:for some time i suffered some nasty sound problems and to my horror i discovered that it was infact mh's quakeasm.lib causing it so its a nogo atm.
:oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops:

That was just a hack to get the .s stuff compiling on VS 2003. Better to drop the .s files altogether and just use C (although they compile perfectly fine on 2008).
We had the power, we had the space, we had a sense of time and place
We knew the words, we knew the score, we knew what we were fighting for
revelator

Post by revelator »

hehe :) aye i had not in my wildest dreams imagined it could be that cause on ms compilers everything worked just honky dory :lol:

is probably better to just skip the assembler stuff alltogether modern compilers optimize a whole lot better now and were not on 486x computers anymore :twisted:

all in all im quite pleased with my work so far (allthough it took several years) to make a free compiler which can build allmost anything the ms compilers can and free :)

that the compiler uses a toolchain used mostly for porting unix stuff
is just another plus id say.

offcourse theres still some stuff that aint 100% straight forward but i think it comes pretty close, and if shit comes to shove the ide can also use ms free compiler suite if something bitches to loudly :P
revelator

Post by revelator »

been working on some goodies to plug in to my compiler suite

like python (works) well it hates msys shell use the standard windows commandline when i release it :lol:

also its a rather old version of python 2.5 :S the reason being its a crosscompiled port made with cygwin/mingw is mostly that python really dont like unix shells when compiled for win32 arch so i had to use cygwins cygpath for conversion.

integrated help compiler using doxygen (just creates html documents from text you supply) its a plugin to the codeblocks ide.

perl (works just fine) my compilers bootstrap sequence used this because the msys one doesnt have proper thread support.

so you can actually use scons now from within mingw ;)

also python itself has a load of plugins like wxpython libxml2mod libxsltmod libxmldom PIL kid epydoc pycurl pyflakes pyrex cherrypy scons and sqlalchemy.

and perl might come in handy for other scripting encounters :)
revelator

Post by revelator »

well i seen loads of downloads but not really any comments on how it pans out :)

if you tried this one id like to hear good or bad (if something acts up i might be able to fix it)

my main compiler weighs about 4 gigs :shock: so its sometimes hard for me to catch a bug, bit to many tools :lol: unfortunatly since my own compiler grown this large small bugs tend to pass me by :)

one thing i noticed was after updating the crt of my compiler (no not ready yet) is that you have to be really really carefull mixing old winsock and winsock2 in fact you cant do it :lol:

i noticed this after trying to compile some old code that used both types needless to say that didnt go well :lol:

well with some luck this might be fixed in future updates allthough its not really a bug (more like bad coding on the user side) hehe.

the good thing with the new crt is i now have gdiplus and ipv6 support :)
revelator

Post by revelator »

ftp://90.184.233.166:21/codeblocks-gcc- ... -inline.7z

now heres some hard work :?

had a major brainstorm at the codeblocks forum to fix the bug with large projects not able to link if the dll functions where declared inline.

its fixed! and major thanks to some of the peeps at codeblocks :)

and here is latest incarnation as promissed with python support (even has a python debugger) :lol:

you also get an idl/corba (mico::corba) and an asn1 (esnacc) compiler.

openssl is also in.

and the to date only fully working version of ccache for windows :)

mingw now uses sysroots which means in case something goes wrong while you dabble in installing libraries etc it wont pollute the crt libraries as there seperate now.

its been thorougly tested and i havent found any buggers yet (well java is still a bit flaky due to mostly being coded for unix).
revelator

Post by revelator »

comming to a compiler near you gcc now with link time optimization :D

hang on coding killing spree inc.
revelator

Post by revelator »

putting the last efforts into it but soon i will release one hell of a development environment :D

pretty much everything (and a bit more will make it into this)

NET. compiler integrated (mono).

Multishell system (can have 3 tabs open) one for standard mingw commandline compiling (no msys) one for MSys development and one for using msys tools with mingw.

various tools included

Perl
Python
Swig
Ruby
Gtk

image libraries

imagemagic
openexr
openjpeg
jasper
jpeg
png
tiff
exif
mng

compression libraries

zlib
zip
lzo
lzma
tar
bzip2

gnome utilities

gnome and gnome2
gnome-vfs
glade3
gimp
bonobo
orbit2
libidl
libidn

text utils

abiword
evince
aspell
ghostscript
groff

gtk tools

gtkhtml
gtkmath
gtk engines
gtk++
rarian (scrollkeeper)
zenity
svg

media libraries

xvid
ffmpeg
libamr_nb and wb opencore
x264
gstreamer
speex
vorbis
ogg
theora
libsound
many more...

databases

berkeley db
sqlite
pgsql
openldap
redland

gui libraries

wxwidgets
gtk
fastlight toolkit

i will have to compress this rather harshly as it weighs about 6 gigs uncompressed but you can pretty much build anything with the entire suite ;)

the codeblocks ide just hit version 10.5 and is included and built with this.

gcc is version 4.5.0 with several patches to enable linktime optimization.

gdb (debugger) is included works from inside codeblocks or if compiling from commandline via the insight debugger frontend.

there are also numerous tools for graph compilation drawing or html/xml work.

svn is included.

the list is far from complete this is one huge beast of a compiler.