Modelview

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Urre

Modelview

Post by Urre »

Like stated by the readme (which I hope you read), I originally made this mod for Kazashi, but figured that others might find it useful as well, so I decided to release it publicly.

In this mod you can spawn and view models, animate them, attach them to tags, make them spin, position them for cool scenes, all kinds of things you'd expect from a modelviewer. You can also spawn and control lights in the scene, attach them to model tags and such.

Currently only works in DarkPlaces.

Get the mod from my masterfully designed website!
I was once a Quake modder
Megazoid

Post by Megazoid »

I think I'll leave this for the more technically minded. I gave it a shot, and after experimenting for a while I managed to get a light to spawn hehe.

Would something like this be wrong? :
say model ogre progs/ogre.mdl
(error : Precache can only be done in the spawn functions)
Urre

Post by Urre »

That is entirely correct. What is not correct though, is that you're not using DarkPlaces :). To my knowledge, only DarkPlaces and FTE support precaching ingame.
Megazoid

Post by Megazoid »

Actually I was using Darkplaces. I even updated it to the newest version and got the same issue. I tried placing the orge.mdl in a progs folder in the modelview directory. No difference. Tried without of course. Probably me doing something stupid as usual - or a typo. Doesn't matter as the uses of this mod for me (non-modder) would be limited.
Urre

Post by Urre »

I see no way you could get that problem when using DarkPlaces... The dynamic precaching isn't all that recent, so I wonder.

This one reportedly works fine for others, including me. It also has the texture-repeat fixed.
Megazoid

Post by Megazoid »

Hey! that fixed it. :D

I was using what the Darkplaces site calls the "Latest stable/official release" : DarkPlaces engine Windows OpenGL build 20041019 (on the download page). I guess things have moved waaaaaay on from there.

I'll have more of a mess about with it now that it's working for me. Thanks for all the help Urre. At least you got some feed back on it (i.e. earlier versions of DP don't work).
Urre

Post by Urre »

Yeah, I'm just used to people updating to beta versions of DP :P