Ricocheting laser cannon

Need help with a tutorial found on InsideQC.com? Post here.
Niit

Ricocheting laser cannon

Post by Niit »

Hi,

In the tutorial is needed new model and sounds.
But the link is broken...
Is possible someone reupload this for me?
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

The necessary file was hosted at the shub-hub, which Spirit closed down. Willem has acted as successor with creating quaketastic.com

I'll get with Orion, the author of the tutorial as soon as I can see about him uploading the file to quaketastic, and I'll edit the tutorial link.

In the meantime, you can change the precaches to the laser sounds used by the enforcer in enforcer.qc, the blast and hit sounds, it'll let you see the effect of the gun, with mostly suitable sounds and you can keep on having fun!
...and all around me was the chaos of battle and the reek of running blood.... and for the first time in my life I knew true happiness.
Niit

Post by Niit »

Thank you,
I go do this!
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Orion reuploaded the files, and I updated the link in the tutorial, here it is http://www.quaketastic.com/upload/files ... /laser.zip
...and all around me was the chaos of battle and the reek of running blood.... and for the first time in my life I knew true happiness.
Electro

Post by Electro »

I think it'd be great if i3d (seeing as the tutorials are hosted here) could host the required files for the tutorials too.

It's not like tutorials bloat out to a TC (OH IS THAT A CHALLENGE?).. so the amount of data shouldn't really be an issue? :)
Always keeps the files available if the tutorial is that way.
Benjamin Darling
http://www.bendarling.net/

Reflex - In development competitive arena fps combining modern tech with the speed, precision and freedom of 90's shooters.
http://www.reflexfps.net/
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

Electro wrote:I think it'd be great if i3d (seeing as the tutorials are hosted here) could host the required files for the tutorials too.
it could, if you like waiting 10 minutes for the file
Urre

Post by Urre »

Uh, just don't use 3DDownloads or whatever it's called, host the file on the site, I doubt the required files are large enough to cause even a minor dent in the sites traffic
I was once a Quake modder
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

There is the question of offending our host; its the same reasoning why we don't really host sites.

Also to be frank, the FTP has been spotty.

Perhaps I will just sometime soon download all tutorial files and archive them on my machine, and if anything happens to the original, reupload them as necessary.