Looking for a QC coder

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Downsider

Post by Downsider »

MauveBib wrote:
Downsider wrote: I thought you couldn't draw directly to the screen in QC? Also, centerprint wouldn't really scream out Halo.
You dont need to draw directly on the screen, you use sprites and models.

See the radar in KQP for an example.

The centerprint thing was just because I happen to have coded a centerprint radar :p
Wouldn't that totally screw up in multiplayer, though? Other people could see your radar. Well they probably would get backfaced, but still, more network lag because of that.

lol, you would probably be best off some engine code if you have a somebody who can do it, don'tchathink?

Oh, Baker, there's an open-source Half-Life MDL viewer out there.
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

Downsider wrote: Wouldn't that totally screw up in multiplayer, though? Other people could see your radar. Well they probably would get backfaced, but still, more network lag because of that.
Not if you use something like DP's drawonlytoclient.
Apathy Now!
-z-

Post by -z- »

divVerent created a radar for Nexuiz using CSQC which I believe is actually more complicated than Halo's radar.

This isn't the most flattering picture of the radar: http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/viewer.php ... pxzbgl.jpg

but it shows it none-the-less.

Here's the radar code (or part of it)

He wrote something to generate the map images as well \m/(-.-)\m/

He's stopped making the daily / weekly builds, so the best way to test this out is to build from SVN or join one of the SVN servers with the compat pack.

The Nexuiz Ninjaz, de. greens and Over the Lazy dog servers all do this.

Best of luck!
Nexuiz Ninjaz - Practicing the ninja arts of Nexuiz | Happy 1 Year Ninjaz! - Mapping Contest to celebrate!
Baker

Post by Baker »

-z- wrote:divVerent created a radar for Nexuiz using CSQC which I believe is actually more complicated than Halo's radar.

This isn't the most flattering picture of the radar: http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/viewer.php ... pxzbgl.jpg

but it shows it none-the-less.

Here's the radar code (or part of it)

He wrote something to generate the map images as well \m/(-.-)\m/

He's stopped making the daily / weekly builds, so the best way to test this out is to build from SVN or join one of the SVN servers with the compat pack.

The Nexuiz Ninjaz, de. greens and Over the Lazy dog servers all do this.

Best of luck!
Thanks for the info, there might be some math in there that could speed things up.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

So baker , gonna start working on our source code then ?
Working on Solitude
Baker

Post by Baker »

SamUK wrote:So baker , gonna start working on our source code then ?
I'll send you a private message within the next day. Or what might be more optimal is if you private message me your email address.

[I have some code I'm try to wrap up and want to finish that up tonight.]