csqc score board.

Discuss programming in the QuakeC language.
ceriux

csqc score board.

Post by ceriux »

ok... so my understanding of QC atm is very minimal... but im working on it... but i have a bigger problem i need a csqc scoreboard like the one below this... and i have no idea how to even implement csqc (and wonder if i do implement it if my current QC work will still work after wards) and so i was wondering if anyone could help me 1. implement csqc into my mod, and 2. help me implement the score board mentioned before.

basically what i need on the score board is:
  • two team rows
    player names with ping and kills displayed
    and a place that displays team scores which will be to start, kills added together on each team.
any help is appreciated much thanks again !

scoreboard:
Baker

Post by Baker »

Potentially useful link #1:

http://www.fteqw.com/wiki/index.php?title=EXT_CSQC

Potentially useful link #2:

http://quakery.quakedev.com/qwiki/index.php/EXT_CSQC

Potentially useful link #3:

Nexuiz game source (download 1/23/2008 version) and then look into what you find in qcsrc/client

/Me wonders where the SVN for the Nexuiz QuakeC is. If I knew, I'd direct link to that
Note:

Is this for the PSP? If so, I don't believe any of the above will help you.

CSQC is currently a feature of DarkPlaces and FTEQW exclusively.

If this is for the PSP, you are going to be looking to alter the engine scoreboard drawing in places like gl_draw.c (place where any special textures should be loaded on startup and any new draw functions should be) and sbar.c (where the drawing functions get called).
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

not for psp :D it'll be for DP, thanks for the links.
Baker

Post by Baker »

For easy future reference:

Possible useful link #4:

Feral

http://qexpo.tastyspleen.net/booth.php?id=49&page=269
GiffE

Re: csqc score board.

Post by GiffE »

ceriux wrote:ok... so my understanding of QC atm is very minimal... but im working on it... but i have a bigger problem i need a csqc scoreboard like the one below this... and i have no idea how to even implement csqc (and wonder if i do implement it if my current QC work will still work after wards) and so i was wondering if anyone could help me 1. implement csqc into my mod, and 2. help me implement the score board mentioned before.

basically what i need on the score board is:
  • two team rows
    player names with ping and kills displayed
    and a place that displays team scores which will be to start, kills added together on each team.
any help is appreciated much thanks again !

scoreboard:
There is a csqc function which gets player's info by their keynum.
The rest is making the drawing look nice.
I unfortunately do not have the source available. Windows was corrupted and ended up putting in a new HD. (thus all files are lost... sort of)
-z-

Post by -z- »

Why not check out Nexuiz SVN source? The new scoreboard uses CSQC.
Nexuiz Ninjaz - Practicing the ninja arts of Nexuiz | Happy 1 Year Ninjaz! - Mapping Contest to celebrate!
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

yea, but i dont even know basics yet. im going to have to do some studying before i can start jumping into this.